Best Match For Touch-Up Paint, 2001 Ls430 Code 066, Parchment Crystal

90Duchess

Hello all, thank you for all the advice over the years; we are all really fortunate to have such a dynamic, informed, and industrious community of car enthusiasts who genuinely wish to share their knowledge and expertise for no other reason than to help us all. For all your efforts, I'm personally thanking you! I will continue to contribute any factual help I'm able in the future to us all and that's my promise to you!

I'm having an issue with my detailer. He uses a certain dealer for all his touch-up paint, works on many high-end cars such as Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, and is certified in CQuartz Finest.

I paid premium price to have paint correction, touch-up, and premium coatings, inside and out. However, he ordered the 062, Crystal White Pearl paint, which does not remotely match, it's too white, prepped my vehicle, applied the paint, and coated with CQuartz Finest. He didn't like the match, so only filled them in halfway, yet applied the CQuartz Finest over it all anyway.

When I picked up the car, we agreed it did not remotely match, and three Weeks later he had me come in to have the chips redone with another paint. This other paint, "066" written on the lid and made by DrColorChip, is way too dark and flakes off besides.

Is there anyone out there that has had a similar experience as I and can direct me how to proceed? I can get my own paint and have him redo it, but it's not bonding with that CQuartz, I think. Please, I'd welcome any informed recommendations. I paid nearly $1,000 for the total package, so it's not like small potatoes to me. Thank you all in advance.