Heated/ventilated Seats

I have a five month old IS350 that I love -- except for the seats. Compared to my old ES330, the heated seats in my IS barely were warm during the winter. Now that summer is here, the ventilated seat feature is useless. I hear the fan behind my head, but there is no air movement at my back and barely any on the seat bottom. Any one else have subpar heated/ventilated seats? Do you think there is a solution to this?

I agree with Denny (which is rare). ;-)

Having a convertible, my heated/cooling seats get a lot of use. Mine get very warm, and can keep my body cool at 95 degrees. That is saying a lot for black leather in southern humidity. I also hear no fan noise. Take it to the dealership.

I agree with Denny (which is rare). ;-)

Having a convertible, my heated/cooling seats get a lot of use. Mine get very warm, and can keep my body cool at 95 degrees. That is saying a lot for black leather in southern humidity. I also hear no fan noise. Take it to the dealership.

Thanks guys. I have an appt. at the dealership Tuesday.

Hi Karen,

I have the same situation as you. As far as the ventilated seats for cooling, the only way to cool my front seats is by sitting on a block of ice. I've had three ES 350 including my current ES. On the other hand, the heated seat feature works too well. I can barely turn it on and it will toast your buns. Between low and high, it is all the same.

I have told the Lexus techs about the problem, but it ends up with the same situation as on this posting. It's either great for some or just the opposite for others.

My wife had a 2007 Volvo S80 with the seat temp feature. On cool at full force, the seats will give you frost bite and you can hear the air flow through the seats.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that was a waste of time. According to the dealership service dept., both the front seat ventilation fans and the heating elements are working properly. At least "according to factory specifications". They did throw in that "the foam density and seat shape differences from model to model will effect the way the heating and cooling is felt".

The only suggestion they did give me was to turn the A/C flow to the floor vents which is where the seat fans get the air to ventilate. I would say it helps a little, but overall, I'm still disappointed in Lexus for not making these seats features at least as good as a Ford.