Hi Everyone - Im New

petayV8

Hello. My name is Pete and I am a proud and well known member of the LOC UK of 2 years. Attended alot of events and met some awesome people, but have recently emigrated to California and in the market for a new Lexus (Cant get rid of that Lexus bug!) Sold my pride and joy MK1 IS before coming out here and some pictures below if your interested.

Naturally was always hungry for more power and have decided on a GS400. I have been searching for a few months now and waiting for the perfect car to come up. I will let you know what I end up with. If I could be really picky ide want it Black and black with navi, but beggers cant be choosers. Main things is that its been looked after and is straight.

Look forward to been part of the USA LOC! heres some pics of my old pride and joy

DSC00407_zps68709cbc.jpg

DSC00408_zps4fd29037.jpg

DSC00689_zps629d20a7.jpg

DSC00687_zpsfa4764f9.jpg

DSC00691_zpsf3cabffa.jpg

DSC00690_zps93e93a29.jpg

DSC00694_zpse8a9c47d.jpg

DSC00698_zpsc9e7f7a7.jpg

DSC00711_zps045b3981.jpg

DSC00706_zps0005c3e4.jpg

Hi Peter and welcome to the North American LOC.

Your pics of your "pride and Joy" show that you have done a great job of taking care of it. (by the way, I don't know if someone is playing a joke on you, but your steering wheel is on the wrong side of your car! ) LOL

Were glad to have you here and look forward to future chats.

Paul

Hi Peter and welcome to the North American LOC.

Your pics of your "pride and Joy" show that you have done a great job of taking care of it. (by the way, I don't know if someone is playing a joke on you, but your steering wheel is on the wrong side of your car! ) LOL

Were glad to have you here and look forward to future chats.

Paul

haha. Which is the soul reason I didn't export her!

Thanks for the warm welcome

Welcome!!!!! Nice ride. Good luck finding just what you want and posts pics as soon as you do. When I first saw my car at the dealership, it was immediately my Facebook pic and screensaver on every device. :-)

Is it hard changing from RH drive to LH drive?

Welcome!!!!! Nice ride. Good luck finding just what you want and posts pics as soon as you do. When I first saw my car at the dealership, it was immediately my Facebook pic and screensaver on every device. :-)

Is it hard changing from RH drive to LH drive?

Actually no. Firstly the pedals are the same and secondly for someone who's right handed its actually better :)

• Like 1

Hey Peter and welcome to LOC and the US of A. Went to London last year and saw the price of petro (as UK'ers call it) and I'm very sure you want more horsepower. When you can burn Premium Top Tier fuel at $2.35 a gallon, why not? Doubt we'll ever see it this cheap again. The 400 is just an awesome engine and one I still very much miss. Whatever horsepower they rated that at was more conservative than I might have been. Even in my LS, it ripped.

Wish I had that engine in my IS. There is no replacement for displacement here in America. Guess I also wished you'd picked the other coast but...

Denny

Hey Peter and welcome to LOC and the US of A. Went to London last year and saw the price of petro (as UK'ers call it) and I'm very sure you want more horsepower. When you can burn Premium Top Tier fuel at $2.35 a gallon, why not? Doubt we'll ever see it this cheap again. The 400 is just an awesome engine and one I still very much miss. Whatever horsepower they rated that at was more conservative than I might have been. Even in my LS, it ripped.

Wish I had that engine in my IS. There is no replacement for displacement here in America. Guess I also wished you'd picked the other coast but...

Denny

Thanks. yeah I was plowing $75 a week into my IS in fuel costs. Most people called me crazy but it was worth it to drive a Lexus with a silky smooth effortless straight 6 (a lot of under-powered cars in UK). I loved that car but have always craved V8 power and avoiding the GS430 because of no E-Shift haha and like you said that famous 1UZ is legendary anyway and am excited to own one. I currently drive a V8 GMC Sierra so wont be any shocks in fuel costs if not an improvement.

Going to look at this car tomorrow. From the listing it seems like a good buy especially with those low miles and with only a few minor body work fixes needed, and at the asking price I cant really complain about them with maybe $400 in repairs. Seeing it in the flesh will be the decider of course. Will let you know. Like I said i'm prepared to wait for the right car.

I like that one a LOT better. Extra miles......heck, it's a Lexus. Sounds like he is a car guy too, which to me sounds like he would be more attentive to the vehicle and maintenance rather than buying one a man drove that isn't even able to make his own ad on CL.

Just my opinion. You will be glad you have a clear title when you go to sell it too. Makes no since that it has a salvage title just because the wheels were stolen. I had a whole car stolen, it was stripped of everything, but it was repaired by insurance and still had a proper title. That is a red flag for me.

Hmm Thanks for advice. tbh not to clear on what salvage title means exactly. Still gonna look at it for kicks but prolly move on swiftly ; )

Got the same impression's with the black one. He even has a estimate for fender damage. Black on black too #thumbsup.

only wierd thing is where's the rear spoiler? Lol

Salvage title car best avoided.

A couple of decades ago I drove several times in England sitting on right side, especially fun being a stick shift car.

A salvage title in Virginia basically means the car is worthless. Also many insurance companies has issues with salvage vehicles and often require some documentation. Seems you are in Cali which I don't know much about but I would expect problems.

People lie here in America. I do sometimes but not at the moment.

Denny

The salvage gs4 was a waste of time. Won't Get into it. Point proven. The black one sold before I got chance to even see it. The search goes on

Its ok. Ill find my dream GS4. Just have to be patient, but thats the hard part! These cars are rare beasts.

Im almost tempted to start looking for 430s not only because there more common but I plan on keeping this car for at least 4 years so need one with reasonably low miles. Something below 150k ide say