Es350 Crafted Line

Hi there! Just moved over from the IS forum after selling my 2008 IS 250 and replacing it with 2015 ES 350. Really liking this car so far!

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Hi Ian and welcome.

I've been hearing and seeing items about the crafted line, but I haven't really been able to find an article covering what crafted means and includes. Do you know Ian what information is available to explain the program?

Great car!

Thanks Ian

Paul

Paul,

Crafted Line is a limited edition run across the model line to celebrate Lexus 25th anniversary. It is an appearance package, not a performance one. There is a good overview and gallery for the ES model at

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/lexus/2015-lexus-es-crafted-line-edition-ar164762.html

The page also includes the press release. The main difference between the ES and the other lines is that the interior is Black and Cabernet vs. Black and Scarlet, so it is a little more understated - which I like. The IS, GS and LS models are built on top of F-Sport package, so they have leather rather than the NuLuxe of the ES. There is not much I can add to that. I have seen (somewhere!) a table that includes production counts by model, but I cannot re-locate it. Seems I remember the ES being limited to c. 1350 units.

Paul

At the bottom of this Car-Revs Daily article (that is more specific to the ES) there is a comparison table of the Crafted Line features for each model as well as the production run counts I mentioned previously.

http://www.car-revs-daily.com/2014/09/15/2015-lexus-es350-crafted-line/

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Ian

I love the white with the dark rims......but of course I would. ;-)

Very nice car. I know you are proud of it. Keep it out of those Texas hailstorms!!!!!

Paul

At the bottom of this Car-Revs Daily article (that is more specific to the ES) there is a comparison table of the Crafted Line features for each model as well as the production run counts I mentioned previously.

http://www.car-revs-daily.com/2014/09/15/2015-lexus-es350-crafted-line/

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Ian

Thanks for the information!

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Woodbadger - What tint do you have on the new ES? Looks great btw.

Hey LEX-SV. The tint was installed by my dealer (at cost!) along with the clear paint protection film. I am afraid I do not know what brand it is.

I love the white with the dark rims......but of course I would. ;-)

Very nice car. I know you are proud of it. Keep it out of those Texas hailstorms!!!!!

Becki,

I will do my level best to keep away from hailstorms! Had a few come thru today and I rescheduled trips to keep it in garage. Got caught in one of those once when the guy in front of me stopped on a hwy overpass!!!! $3500 damage and that was 15 years ago!

That is one beautiful car, Ian! Please post your impressions on its performance.

Hope you are enjoying it,

Dev

Devi,

I will post impressions as I get a few more miles on it. So far just a bit of intown driving. Very quiet ride. Also comfortable. Definitely noticing the ride difference compared to my old IS250. I also have noticed the handling difference. Not quite as responsive through corners - definitely noticing the difference between FWD and RWD. My wallet is enjoying the change from premium to regular fuel! I get about the same mileage out of this 3.5L as I did out of the 2.5L!

Hi there! Just moved over from the IS forum after selling my 2008 IS 250 and replacing it with 2015 ES 350. Really liking this car so far!

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

I saw a new Mercedes crossover today. (I didn't get the model designation). It was black with chrome accents on the exterior the interior and the "Death Star" logo on the grill. From the outside view it really was dull. No trims or cool body treatments any where.

The interior was black with chrome accents. The dash was sparse and really unimpressive. From what I could make out, the instrumentation was sparse and there was no wood trim or top-stitching on any surface. I have no idea what the MSRP was but if it's around $50k,(what i paid for our 2013 RX350) it's way over priced.

In my opinion, which is worth the price of air for your tires, Our RX350 is a rolling palace.

Good night to all.....I'll leave a light on.

Paul