Key Program

schujd3

I am trying to program a new key to my lexus. I followed the pdf on here however when I get to the step where the locks are supposed to unlock and lock with the key in the ignition nothing is happening. Can anyone provide a diy guide on how they programmed theirs? TIA Joel

No I can't provide the link I think it was off club Lexus also tried the one on here Billy provided and it didn't work. The key is off of eBay but they had great reviews. It was the same model the locksmith had for my car model number and everything.

I am going to get a blank shell with a key and have it cut and put my innards from this fob into it. The guy who cut it told me he could program it for 60 or 70 but he had the exact replacement model I got off eBay for sale so it should work.

I ended up taking it to a shop I've used before to cut my old lexus key and they charged me 20 to cut it and 50 to program it. Works like a charm. Even rolls the windows down and opens the sunroof when you hold the unlock button down. I've ordered a blank shell with a key so they can swap the innards from my master key to my new fob. At least I have one working key now and I'll have two in a few days. Thanks for the reply landar. He used the method of pressing the gas and brake pedals then it started the car then used the pdf I was using to program the unlock and lock buttons.

New key programmng for '98-up models is a two step process. IIRC, you need to program the transponder before you can program the keyless entry.

You need to have at least one pre-programmed key to program the transponder for the new key.

Instructions are attached for those who need programming instructions.

key programming.pdf

keyless entry programming.pdf