Oh God Please Help Me With Visor Issue

DavidEW

We love our old workhorse RX but it's developed an issue I can't fix - the driver's side visor won't stay up. I've tried simple solutions like velcro to fabric glue and nothing will stay. It falls down halfway so it's just perfect for smacking yourself in the bridge of the nose when you get in or out. It's not the left side that seems lose it's the actual little piece of plastic on the right of the visor that clips into the catch on the roof liner. It seems to be spinning freely. I looked for a replacement part and couldn't believe how expensive they were - I'm sure someone has had this same problem...

Thanks-

David

I am not able to post a link so go to Club Lexus and under the RX300 forums do a search for sun visor fix....They have a great writeup....

DavidEW, so you have to replace the left visor itself (part # 74320, correct?) which is indeed expensive but NOT the visor bracket on the roof, correct?

If so, I'd try searching the web for a cheaper aftermarket visor (by your part number) or maybe check a car breakdown place. As a temporary solution, try a scotch tape all the way through, visor to roof.