Hard Wire Radar Detector

rbett257

I have a 2011 ES 350, i would like to hard wire a radar detector to the fuse box. Has anyone done

This and if so i like to know what fuse did you tap. Thanks for any help.

I did this on one of my vehicles. I tapped into the lighter lead. In Virginia hard wired detectors are better since the unit itself can be hidden and the remote display placed in a discreet, yet observable location. I would also include a separate OFF/ON switch so as to be able to to turn it off. You do not want the cops seeing your detector.

Of course the simplest way is to use the new app from Valentine on your iPhone. It is a new item from Valentine Research which I plan to explore.

I have a 2011 ES 350, i would like to hard wire a radar detector to the fuse box. Has anyone done

This and if so i like to know what fuse did you tap. Thanks for any help.

I would not “tap” any fuse. And use and a switch for this device only.

• 1 month later...

Be aware that nobody cares that they are illegal because in reality, they are not. I believe the Federal Communications Act of 1934 gave me the right to receive any radio frequency on any device. A radar detector is simply a radio wave receive. Because idiots in a legislature decide people can not receive certain radio waves is in itself illegal.

A speeding ticket will go against your license and cost you a bundle. How about a simple equipment ticket with a $75 max and no license points instead?

Lot's of stuff is illegal. Doesn't mean we have to follow