Need Advice On Strut Replacement

unless u use a strut designed for performance handling I think most of them are about the same. Depending on price, some may last longer than others. It's the tires that will change the ride characteristics.

Given the limited choices, I'd get KYBs. I had them as part of a spring upgrade for my previous Mazda and the KYB struts held up well for many years.

• 4 weeks later...

I have purchased KYB's in the past for my wife's Toyota Corolla and my daughter's Nissan Pathfinder. Quality wise they are good, I just do not like the feel / comfort (they are too stiff).

Recently my rear right strut started to leak really bad, RX330 89,000 miles, and was presented with the same predicament; struts must be replaced in pairs. I did not want to go with KYB because I knew the ride was going to be stiff. So I started looking into Monroe's and heard that they are okay. Someone told me to go to Ebay to look for OEM (Toyota struts), I am glad I listened. I found a deal for a pair of Rear OEM Toyota Struts brand new in the box with Toyota's part number stamped in the box for a little less than $300 delivered. In order to keep my cost down I purchased the strut mounts at Pep Boys and the coil spring insulator's at my local Toyota dealer. Parts directly from Lexus are more expensive and by purchasing at Toyota I save a few bucks. It is recommended to replace strut mounts and insulators when replacing struts. In all it was a 4 hours job with an spring compressor tool i bought at HF.

Hope this helps.

• 1 year later...

@elguapoLex330 Could u please clarify which OEM Toyota Struts u ordered off ebay? Were they off a highlander? Part # or any specific info would be great. I have also been debating between Monroe or KYB but I think OEM is ultimately the best option. Thank u