92 Sc400 Parting Out Good Interior Complete

datarecovery

Engine doesn't seem to be firing on passenger side; tried new sparkplugs and wires and no joy.

Car is equipped with TEIN Coilovers

One Borla Right muffler; (just lost the left one)

Interior is in good conditon

Rebuilt Power steering pump

Rebuilt alternator

Rebuilt ECu with Digikey High Temp Capacitors

Traction control

ABS

No Nakamichi

Headlights low and high beams

Rear tail lights

inner fender liners

Lower Control arms

AC Compressor works

Heater Valve Controls

etc

Let me know here or private message what you want; I don't know market prices but using eBay as a measurement.

or call me at 781 quatro quattro nine 999O

post-105497-0-48914100-1426395492_thumb.

post-105497-0-36105900-1426395496_thumb.

post-105497-0-37328400-1426395499_thumb.

post-105497-0-52128700-1426395500_thumb.

post-105497-0-11280600-1426395501_thumb.

post-105497-0-62089400-1426395501_thumb.

post-105497-0-22109200-1426395502_thumb.

post-105497-0-17013700-1426395503_thumb.

post-105497-0-41596000-1426395504_thumb.

• Like 1

Engine doesn't seem to be firing on passenger side; tried new sparkplugs and wires and no joy.

It is probably the Ignition coil for the passenger side, or the ignitor. I'm pretty certain you can swap the coils and if the problem reverses to not firing in drivers side it is the coil, if no change than that would point to the ignitor.

I've learned a lot about the ignition system in the last month, my problem was no spark at all due to a faulty ECU.

I think a coil or ignitor are each around $50, but not sure.

Thanks for your contribution;this happened after the engine compartment got filled with snow in January from the Northeaster storm - filled twice!

why i am frustrated about the car is I took the sparkplug wires off the distributo caps separately while the engine was running and only the wires that are going to the passenger side don't decrease in RPM when disconnected.

So 2 and 4 from the passenger side dsitributor and 6 and 8 from the drivers distributor.

Replaced the ignition wires with OEM , no difference.

have no yet replaced the sparkplugs,though when I removed them they seemed dry, not wet or soaked.

So it could be all the injectors are bad or the injectors are not firing. Found some at a junkyard that I plan to replace. Have to check to make sure that power is getting to the injectors.

Replaced the ECU with a compatible one, but made no difference in bettering.

Also found that the O2 sensor wires got pulled because of contact with the snow heaves and did reconnect but still getting CEL. Will have to check and see what the codes say, if it still reads a bad O2 sensor.

I did check the ohms for the drivers coil and that did fail and was replaced, but no difference.

Another frustration, while diving alond the Mass Pike two days ago apparently one of the Borla mufflers broke off; that's gonna be expensive.

So frustration and repairs starting to pile up value I figure time topart out the car.

Edit:So I skimmed your post a bit too quick and missed some stuff about why you're parting out...I'll just leave this like this for the information it has.

Basically how the ignition works is as follows: The ECU takes info from the engine speed sensor and cam position sensors and decides when a spark needs to happen. It sends a signal to one of the two ignitors(there are two, but they are in the same small box) the ignitor the sends power to the coil and then coil sends power into the distributor on one side of the engine through the center of the 5 wires. The distributor then sends power to the spark plugs. Even though there is a left and right distributor I think each one sends power to plugs on both sides of the engine, it is not that one side only does that side, it is split up.

This is what the coils look like http://www.carsteeri.../CUF72-Map1.jpg

You can see one here, right by where the coolant goes into the engine: http://lextreme.com/...e-SC400 013.jpg

The other one is on the drivers side below the cam/distributor cover(not inside, but nearby)

You can test which side is not giving spark by unplugging the center wires going to the distributors and seeing which sparks to ground. I haven't done this next part, but saw it recommended in my research, remove and switch the coils and if the sparking reverses you know that not working coil is for sure the problem. If the problem stays on the same side it is either the ingnitor or the wiring somewhere between Ignitor ->coil -> Distributor..

You've already switched out ECUs so it's not that. I think if it was the ECU you would have no spark at all which is my problem. I definitely not an expert, but I've spent a lot of time figuring all this out recently.

So I skimmed your post a bit to quick and missed some stuff...I'll just leave this like this for the information it has.