99 Rx300 Makes A Noise In The Front Right Wheel Well When Going Over A

2 Lexus OKC

I am new to the Lexus Owners Club.

My rx300 is making a noise in the front right wheel well when i go over a bump.

Im not sure exactly what it is but does anyone have any suggestions on what it might be.

THank you

Hey Corey,

Very likely a suspension issue. There are several things that can go bump, none of which are desirable. What I would do was take the car someplace where they do alignments and have them check. Without a doubt they will tell you there is something wrong. I do know that front right suspension parts often take more abuse than the driver side and often fail first.

Sorry you are having problems but welcome to LOC anyway. Hopefully you will be able to learn a lot about your car and how to keep it operating great without breaking the bank.

Denny

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue in my 2001 AWD from many long time. I guess is something related with the brakes, as if I push the brakes slightly over the bumps noise stops. I spoke with Lexus dealer but they have no idea.

I guess is something with the brake pads and some missing small piece. I tell you this because if I put some cooper grease behind the pad the noise despairs.

If you find the final reason let me know, it has been many years with this noise already.

In Spain we have exhaustive yearly inspections (brakes, suspensions, struts, stabilizers...and the car is perfect year by year with no complaints at all in the inspection, so I guess is nothing related with all these parts.

Upon hearing the suspicion about the brakes, I had a thought. Having done many brakes on these cars I do know there is a wishbone spring that must be installed in the pads to keep them from rattling. Many aftermarket brake "Specials" use junk pads and just discard the plates and wishbone springs. I'd start by taking a look at that. Take off the tire and you can either see them, or not. Just a thought passing through.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Ok, finally I know from where this noise comes.

It is recommended by Lexus to replace the brakes pads clips at the same time pads are changed. Almost anybody does it, even Lexus dealers. So after she pads changes, these clips does not longer keep the pad on place, making the rattle sound on bad roads.

Replacing the clips is the solution.

Part number for a 2001 RX300 is 0494733120

Hope is the same for you

frenos RX300 lexus II.jpg

frenos RX300 lexus.jpg

• 2 weeks later...