99 Ls Vs 2013 Es

vassiton

I put my LS in the shop for some work and they gave me a 2013 ES loaner. My 15 yr old LS rides a LOT better than this "new" car. Do 18" wheels make that much difference or is it just because it's an LS?

I'm continually amazed with my LS.

Frank, you better believe it. I still say to this day that my 1990 LS400 was the best driving car I've ever owned. While not ever intended to be raced from lights, I did and the thing is fast. Took it up to 138 on an Interstate in an undisclosed location but it still had plenty more to go. I backed off being scared by two things Cops and Tires. Had "H" tires on at the time.

I had (well still have) a 2004 ES330. Nice car, no doubt. All leathered up with options and such BUT, (big one) it is a front wheel drive boring as hell car to drive. My wife hated the car for 5 years and complained about wanting the LS400 back. Of me being selfish said keep the new one, much better. At times when the evening is quiet and a Lexus commercial comes on I am reminded.

Might have been a momentary lapse of reason but I sold mine to my neighbors son (who loves it) and I see the car often. Being a good LOC'er, I do help him with oil changes, cleaning, repair stuff.

Keep your car Frank. Someone might refer the ES line to glorified Camry's . Frankly (no pun intended) I think the new Avalons might be just as nice and they are priced the same.

enny

• 2 weeks later...