Tire And Wheel Protection Plan

Dear members

I recently purchased (financed) a 2015 Rx 350. My dealership offered Tire & wheel protection plan including paintless dent repair & windshield scratch support for $900.

I have 30 days to cancel this and get the full refund. I went through some of the old posts in this forum and now I not able to decide whether this is worth or not.

The dealer says they will replace the tire if it is damaged by nail or pot holes. They will also replace the wheel if its needed at no extra cost and will also take care of dents & dings (not more than 4"). Would appreciate suggestions from the members. I had a Toyota RAV 4 for 5 yrs and none of the above mentioned incidents have happened so far.

Was wondering whether an additional $900 protection plan worth or its just a profitable business for the dealer? Please advise.

Consumer Reports magazine has often included warnings about extended warranties for a variety of products. In almost all cases, the warranty cost does not pay for itself.

I agree with Dave. Save your money.

The dealer may cover damage to your tire , but,in fact, it is the tire manufacturer that puts a warranty with their product. For example, The manufacturer will cover damage to the tire if it starts to bulge on the side wall. That would be covered by your manufacturer warranty.ber (synthetic) and replace th tire. Most manufacturers also provide a mileage warranty for the life of the tread. I had a 2007 Volvo with Continental Contact low profile tires. They were guaranteed to to run 60,000 miles. Instead, the tread was worn to about 25,000 miles and needed replacement.

There are few occasions when a wheel would get bent or broken so bad that there wouldn't also be other damage to the car. Such as fender bent and caved in to the point the car would need substantially more than just a tire or wheel. This is where your auto insurance would kick in and repair the damage, less your deductible.

My advice is the give this some more thought and some more research, Come back and let us know how things work out.

Paul