Can I Replace Adjustable Suspension With Non-Adjustable Suspension?

johnvu65

I have a 2006 ES330, and it came with adjustable suspension. I would like to replace the suspension (both Front and rear struts) on it. Lexus dealer had both parts (adjustable and non-adjustable). I would like to ask if anyone have done this (replace the adjustable suspension with the non-adjustable suspension). Any problem, annoying lights on the console?

Please advice, Thanks.

johnvu62,

Go with the non adjustable if you wish. No big deal. I suspect that the dash lights on cars of this age still used removable/replaceable bulbs for each warning light (unlike the soldered LED's of today). Should a warning light pop up after the strut change, simply pull the instrument cluster and pull out the offending bulb. Or pull the panel and put a piece of black electrical tape over it if one lights up. Been there, done that, not a big deal.

• 1 month later...

I've recently replaced all my AVS struts with non-AVS ones. Till now i didn't see any lighting up warnings. Mine old struts were so bad, that they killed all my front suspension, have to replace now wheel bearings, outer tie rods, sway bars, control arm bushings too.

Thanks, and what is model and year is your Lexus? what what brand of suspension did you buy?

So obviously you have some electrical plugs which use to plug into the AVS suspension that you no longer used correct?

ES330 2004.

I bought Monroe struts (part numbers: 72205 for right and 72206 for left, each for around 50$ in ebay), KYB SB102 strut boots and DEA strut mounts (won't recommend). I also changed the brake rotors (heavy duty drilled from Sportstop) and pads.

If you want to replace your struts yourself, i would recommend you just to buy quick strut assemblies. You'll be ready with all this job may be in an hour or couple of hours.

I've just left that AVS plugs unattached.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for your help. I am able to replace the struts with non adjustable KYB struts and It works fine. NO warning leds to deal with. !

save bunch of money (the quote that I got from Lexus is more than $4000.00)....