Performance Specs

Steve

NO not to the max....To the max would be supercharged in addition to my nitrous oxide system which I am trying to do now..... Just getting all the supercharger parts together now...

Thanks....

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no turbo kits that I am aware of that are designed specifically for the SC3's or SC4's...However, many have done a single turbo setup with the Garrett turbo's then fab all the turbo piping custom....They have custom turbo'd their sc's for as little as $1500... You can learn everything you need to know about turbo charging your SC's on the lextreme.com forum or Club lexus forums...Many threads on how to, and the best setups....Have a look...

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I recently bought a 92 lexus sc400. I bought it from a private first owner with only 44,000 original miles and in mint condition. I paid $8000 for the vehicle. My first question is how did I do as far as price wise? I also have several more questions.

Several people have told me that if i took off the middle catalatyic converter, and the 2 rear resonators that it would free a lot of horsepower. So I did just that. I took out the y pipe as well and just had my muffler guy run straight pipes into the original stock mufflers. I like the sound now but I would like to get performance mufflers. Does anyone have suggestions on mufflers that will not be too aggressive, or over powering in the cabin?

My next question is what if any are some fairly cheap attributes I can add to my car to produce more horsepower?

Also, I was told that I could and should put supra brakes on my lexus. Is this rediculous or does it make sense?

Thank you for now, and I am sure I will have several more questions.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

I recently bought a 92 lexus sc400. I bought it from a private first owner with only 44,000 original miles and in mint condition. I paid $8000 for the vehicle. My first question is how did I do as far as price wise? I also have several more questions.

Several people have told me that if i took off the middle catalatyic converter, and the 2 rear resonators that it would free a lot of horsepower. So I did just that. I took out the y pipe as well and just had my muffler guy run straight pipes into the original stock mufflers. I like the sound now but I would like to get performance mufflers. Does anyone have suggestions on mufflers that will not be too aggressive, or over powering in the cabin?

My next question is what if any are some fairly cheap attributes I can add to my car to produce more horsepower?

Also, I was told that I could and should put supra brakes on my lexus. Is this rediculous or does it make sense?

I just bought a 95 sc300 with 130kmiles for $7500. The car is in nearly perfect condition : )

So depending on the condition I would say thats a great deal with the low miles.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
here is a hard question... what are the specs for the 2.5 TT?

I didnt know if you ever got an answer on this but just incase not Lextreme has a list of all sorts of specs for SC's and Soarers here is the infor for the 1JZ you wanted though

http://lextreme.com/1jzgtel.htm

looking to do a soarer project, prob gonna go with the 2jzgtte though instead of the 1jzgtte. does anyone know if there is a certain year sc that the swap would be easier in or are the all the same. cuz i know 98-00 has tract control and the 300 has the vvti engine. thanks

• 1 month later...
Hello,

If I do this will i be able to pass emission

• 10 months later...

If you remove the cat you will most likely not pass an emissions test. With only removing the resonators you will probably pass but there will be a drone in your vehicle while driving on the freeway.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just purchased another S C 400 This is 1995,very solid vehical, maybe do some exhaust mods, but just drive it for a while. Someone give some ideas for exhaut. just want a rumble, not very loud, something close to a VET,let everyone know it is a V 8

• 6 months later...

Just purchased another S C 400 This is 1995,very solid vehical, maybe do some exhaust mods, but just drive it for a while. Someone give some ideas for exhaut. just want a rumble, not very loud, something close to a VET,let everyone know it is a V 8

I would do the magnaflows and call it the day. There are others out there but alot more money with the same performance results. IMO.. I would also consider deleting the cats, and keep the resonators and factory OEM mufflers first. You might be happy with that sound..

I have a 1JZ swap in mySC400, with BW S366 turbo, 800cc injectors, stock fuel rail, MINZ FPR, ACT clutch, BC 264's cams, and more.. Dynoed at 551rwhp at 21 pounds of boost on pump 93 gas.. Has more to grow with the upgraded fuel lines and pump...

• 8 months later...
Review: 1992 Lexus SC400
By Steven Lang on February 16, 2009

“There is nothing quite like it!” Every enthusiast I know has that attitude towards their car. But rarely is it actually true. Platforms are shared. Engines and transmissions are modified and tossed into whatever else can accommodate them from a cost perspective. Compromises are made. Only sometimes they aren’t. Sometimes you can buy something so unique, so timeless, that you can appreciate the qualities even twenty or thirty years later. The Lexus SC400 is one of those rare, outstanding machines. Let’s start with the door hinge.

That’s right. That usual flimsy piece of metal that’s supposed to keep the door open and closed through the ages. On most cars, as the car ages, the bolts holding the hinge to the frame will eventually get a little loose, and the welds can actually wear out over time. At some point, you will eventually hear a popping sound when you open the door. Some owners fix it. Most ignore it. But first generation Lexus SC owners will never face that choice.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2009/02/capsule-review-1992-lexus-sc400/