Removal Of Exterior Door Cladding

I need to remove the grey plastic door panel/cladding that accents the passenger rear door on my 92 ES300. It needs to be repainted as it was scratched when I bought it.

What is the removal and installation procedure?

Does anyone have access to a good replacement part for sale that would be cheaper than me having to paint the one I've got?

The car is Pearl White with Greyish-Beige metallic lower 2 tone.

Thanks

Andrew

• 5 months later...

Hi SkPerformance,

I just registered today. I was wondering if you would point me towards the guy you deal with in Toronto regarding ES300 parts. My main problem is that the driver side exterior cladding has pulled away at the corner so you can spot it jutting out from the side. I'm not sure how to remove it to see if any clips are involved or require replacing. I've tried pushing it into place with no effect. How is the cladding attached? How would you remove it?

Thank you!

Thank you xxxavier2k and skperformance for both your replies. I really appreciate it. So if I understood correctly, I can access the 'metal' clips by taking off the 'internal' body panels i.e. an entry is to be made through internal door panels (leather/plastic) to access the clips that are holding the outside/external door cladding in place.

If thats that case, then I should be good since I picked up the haynes manual and it explains the procedure to access the internal door panels. :cheers:

• 12 years later...

I see that this topic was posted some time ago. Just want to be clear before attempting to remove the "cladding". It's not necessary for me to remove the interior panels to remove the exterior cladding? I'm thinking that maybe I can use a heat gun and plastic putty knife if necessary. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.