Instrument cluster clock/climate control

bobsvilla

Wanted to let you know that I found someone else, who definitely remans. LCD displays, for the LS400.

I gave them a call, earlier today, and they said they can do it, for 295. Give them a call and make sure that they can do it, just in case the same issue comes up as the last dead end i sent you into.

Mikado rebuilds the LCD display for 5. It is easy to replace and you need to send in old unit.

Mikado eng.

1435 Hunt Ave.

S. San Francisco 94080

(650)615-9966

Y'all need to check http://www.mrwhizard.com/ He currently has the following running:1993-94 Lexus LS400 - only $189 for instrument clusters! I knw he does many makes and models. He's in Canada, so this may be Canadian $. Hope he can help.

HRP: Has he done work on Lexus before? If so, pictures of Before&After?

I don't remember if I asked this before, or has been mentioned. Is there a serial # on the Heat/AC unit. So, one won't get back the wrong unit if he/she sents it in to any of the people mentioned.

[quote=

Mikado rebuilds the LCD display for 5. It is easy to replace and you need to send in old unit.

Mikado eng.

1435 Hunt Ave.

S. San Francisco 94080

(650)615-9966

:D I just got A/C climate Control fixed for 93 LS400, excellent service from MIkado Tech. It took only two days from door to door (NJ - CA). Total cost $250 including overnight shipping from CA to NJ.

93ls400 Posted the following post:

I just got A/C climate Control fixed for 93 LS400, excellent service

from MIkado Tech. It took only two days from door to door (NJ - CA).

Total cost $250 including overnight shipping.

93ls400 Posted the following post:

I just got A/C climate Control fixed for 93 LS400, excellent service

from MIkado Tech. It took only two days from door to door (NJ - CA).

Total cost $250 including overnight shipping.

Why did you feel the need to quote 93ls400?

If you are refering to what I said, I was just comparing Mikado to Jim Walker.

• 2 weeks later...

I cant get the wood shifter trim up so that i can pull it off. Where do you pull the trim up. Do you pull from the bottom of the shifter, I have heard that you pry the corners up, what corners, and how?

hey guys i have a question i just recently purchased blue led bulbs for the dash cluster and ignition ring...does anyone no if the bulbs in the climate control panel and the radio are replacable? and are they the same ones liek th eone in the dash cluster? cause i want to get rid of the amber color and switch to blue please email me or reply thanks

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I am from Europe and I have also the probelm with the needles. I want to do the work by a friend, can someone tell me which parts we need ?

Thanks Tom

have you tried talking to Jim Walker? There's a good chance he'll be able to help you with that as well.

I just bought a remanufactured climate control off of ebay for 187.50, it was a lexus reman, the sellers ebay id is moto-speedred. shipping was fast and it took about 20 minutes to replace.However I still have the old blacked out one(will fix it later, in case I ever need a spare) :cheers:

the item # I purchased was 2476765058.

THE FACTORY PART NUMBER IS 5590250060 :D

hahahaha~~~~ finally see some one have the same problem. my dashboard is the same. mine is 94 LS, if the temp below 18 degree C, its black, no light. after about 30 min warm up, the dash back light back to work. all the upper reply is usful. i will try to do it these couple days and i will post if i get it fixed.....

• 2 months later...
HEy guys: Wanted to give you a heads up on what I'm going to do with my climate control system. I'm Paying 0.00 for it to be manufacturered. It's usually a 24hour ordeal. This might be better than spending 395 at the dealer. :D

What's up bro, I am responding to a very old post

I need to find a fix for a 99LS with Fading radio LCD !!

Where did you sent it to ?

Thanks

MD in the House

You can e-mail me at afaleti@yahoo.com

seattle_usa writes:

"Hi All,

My 93 LS400 110k miles is having problem with bulb light in dashboar.

the light will be on as soon as the car is started the the brake is

pushed. According to Owner's manual, it menas some bulb is burned... but I

checked and there is no burned bulb can be found. any ideas for what is

being wrong?

thanks!!!"

Seattle_USA:

Perhaps you didn't get the message I left for you regarding posting a reply to any thread. Your Replies are still being reported to me. If you have any questions contact me at UCF3LOC@netscape.net, just in case your Private Message service isn't working.

The answer to your question is, replace all of your brake lights. There's a good chance one of the bulbs isn't seated correctly or isn't grounded properly.

Thanks a lot in advance.

UCF3

Moderator SC and LS Forums

I have been doing a lot of research on this specific topic lately. The 93-94 LS clusters have different problems than 90-92 LS clusters. I seems like you just need to recap the boards on 93-94 clusters and then things work fine, including the needles.

For 90-92 clusters recapping does not fix everything. I have been trying to figure out what exactly has failed on the board....it's a slow job since there are a lot of components to check....we'll see. From my tests so far it looks like I have fixed everything except the burnt out or flickering needles.

After further investigation I have found out that the needles "burn out" because the conductive material on the back of the needle breaks off or cracks over time. So 90-94 all have the same needle problem because the needles are the same, it's the circuit boards that are different.