Transfer Case Leak 2004 Rx 330

So far Toyota dealer has been cooperative. Already has installed the seal twice. Still it leaks. I have another appointment with the dealer to attempt another fix. We did find TSB TC001-06 that recognizes the problem and advises the seal to be changed.

The mechanic is a Toyota trained tech and he's done other work for me with complete satisfaction.

After 2 attempts to fix leak by Toyota dealer replaced pinion seal twice, leak still persists. Was advised, today, by dealer that he thinks leak is caused by clogged vent which would require 15 hours labor removing transfer case to get at the vent. He thought vent being clogged might cause high pressure causing leak through seal.

Very disappointed that this may be the cause with vehicle having only 69,000 miles on speedo. Anyone else had this problem?

But there's no guarantee that his suggestion will fix the leak, once and for all. Plus, the tech's original prognosis of the source of the leak was incorrect. Therefore, you should NOT have to pay for that repair cost. I would tell the service manager that they should subtract anything you've paid, so far from the cost to open the vent. And, if that doesn't work, you should owe nothing.

I hope there have been at least two opinions from separate mechanics, regarding this issue.