Tire Size For 20 X 11 Inch Rims On Rear

sickls430

i bought set of Trafficstar rims for my '03 LS430, The tires that came with them were 255-35-55 for the front and 295-35-20 on the rears, The front tires rubbed a bit when making a full tight u turn.I think if I change the front tires to 245-35-20, the problem should go away.

Now for the rears, they barely cleared the wheel well rubbed on the fender when going over bumps and up curved steep driveways. Thankfully there was no damage to my car. I took them off right away and put the stock tire back on,

Will 275-35-20 size tires fit the rear rim rim and clear the fender well? I also do not what to have issues when I have passengers in the back seat with luggage in the truck. If I got to a 275, are there any other things I should do or can do to prevent camber ware?

• 5 months later...

I had 8x20 245/35 ZR 20 in the front and 10x20 275/30 ZR 20 on the rear of my LS430 for 5 years.

I had no significant rub issues. If I had 4-5 people in the car and hit a hard bump the rears would rub. I took a 2x4 and dragged it along the inside of the rear wheel lip and gave myself a minor fender "roll" which took care of the rear rub. I still got a small rub if I bottomed out the rear suspension.

The real problem with this setup was that the tire profile was to small to provide protection of the rim. I hit a 3" pothole at about 20 mph and cracked the rear rim and bent the rear sub-frame. When I moved to Alabama (:( I cracked two more rims on potholes in the freeway

If you're going to use such a low profile you have to be EXTREMELY careful not to hit anything in the road. The 10x20's had increased wear on the inside of the rear tires. I came up with a way to adjust camber and toe in the rear but it involes grinding slots in the rear suspension piece. Adjstable bolts need to be ordered and installed. Even with 0 degrees of camber in the rear, I couldn't eliminate the inside wear.

The dangerous issue with the 10x20 rears was the cracked and broken studs. Because the rims are SO wide it's impossible to get the correct offset so it over-stresses the studs. I broke 3. I would suggest that you go no longer than 2 years between changing out ALL the studs. The studs are ~$5 each x 10=$50 not including labor. While it is possible to change the studs yourself it's not an easy job.

With the different rim widths you can't rotate the tires so you'll end up changing the rears before the fronts- and more often...

If you live where the roads are smooth, the 20's look nice. But if your LS is a daily driver I'd suggest 8x19's all around.

i bought set of Trafficstar rims for my '03 LS430, The tires that came with them were 255-35-55 for the front and 295-35-20 on the rears, The front tires rubbed a bit when making a full tight u turn.I think if I change the front tires to 245-35-20, the problem should go away.

Now for the rears, they barely cleared the wheel well rubbed on the fender when going over bumps and up curved steep driveways. Thankfully there was no damage to my car. I took them off right away and put the stock tire back on,

Will 275-35-20 size tires fit the rear rim rim and clear the fender well? I also do not what to have issues when I have passengers in the back seat with luggage in the truck. If I got to a 275, are there any other things I should do or can do to prevent camber ware?

I did a search of our data base regarding Rims and Tire sizes and swaps. There are several threads here about your questions. This link will take you to those threads. I searched using Google. If you'd like to do more research there is a selection on the search box for different search providers. All free.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?s=7b553fcbb154ad9e4f634d404c3e90e8&app=googlecse#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=ls430%20tire%20rim%20size