Need Some Advice

Frizz87

Hey guys. I jst got a 93 LS400. I've done a little research but I'm wanting to put KMC slide rims size 20x8.5,38 mm offset and drop it with the Tanabe DF210 springs but the default tire for that rim is 245/35/20. Will they rub? Or will I be able to stretch 225/35/20 tires on those rims? Thanks

Not me, I have had 12 LS400's, and the only thing I change is I put chrome wheels on them... I think the engineers built a great car. I just wanted you to know you are not being ignored... I'm surprised landar has not commented... you might try Club Lexus, they are eat up with modders......

Hey guys. I jst got a 93 LS400. I've done a little research but I'm wanting to put KMC slide rims size 20x8.5,38 mm offset and drop it with the Tanabe DF210 springs but the default tire for that rim is 245/35/20. Will they rub? Or will I be able to stretch 225/35/20 tires on those rims? Thanks

Hi Travis and welcome!

Like Billy, I to am surprised that no one else hasn't chimed in here.

Actually, this is a pretty common question, but one that is difficult to answer because there are so many answers and variables. I don't know the answer to your situation, but I think I might know a place. Log on to "Toyotas Information Services". This is Toyotas official site for technical information for all things technical on Lexus, Toyota, and Scion. You will need to open an account, and you can start for as little as $15 for 2 days useage. This is an incredible resource and I believe should offer you some help.

https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfoPortal/appmanager/t3/ti?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=ti_home_page&SMENC=ISO-8859-1&SMLOCALE=US-EN&SMAUTHREASON=0&SMAGENTNAME=%24SM%24mT%252bGLraBu9CwUVnZg4mEDzB2kysT90hgbwsWgdZzNOc%253d&TARGET=%24SM%24ht

https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfoPortal/appmanager/t3/ti?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=ti_home_page&SMENC=ISO-8859-1&SMLOCALE=US-EN&SMAUTHREASON=0&SMAGENTNAME=%24SM%24mT%252bGLraBu9CwUVnZg4mEDzB2kysT90hgbwsWgdZzNOc%253d&TARGET=%24SM%24ht

Much as I hate to admit, I have little to no knowledge in this area. I tend to keep my LS stock but I understand why some like to modify them.

I would point you to a "sticky" on the Club Lexus site. Those guys are really into this stuff -> http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls400/260772-ls400-owners-post-your-wheel-setup.html