I have a 91 LS400 and I recently started having problems with the instrument cluster. The speedometer works intermittently sometimes reading the correct speed, no speed, or will show double the speed i am traveling at. All of the lights (i.e o/d, check engine, traction control, etc.) flash at random times and then go off randomly. The only thing that is not messing up it the Tachometer. The cruise control works but shuts off every time the speedometer changes position randomly. I am thinking it may be a problem with the ECU since the cluster seems to be able to operate all of it's functions with incorrect information. Thanks in advance!

Yes, as Billy stated, check the trunk wiring harness. This is especially true if things go weird as you apply the brakes. Here is a tutorial on trunk wiring -> http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/lighting/bulbout.html

And, with the age of you car, the ECU capacitors are highly likely to be going bad.