Help Please

edZls400

Hi guys new here. Ive had my 97 lexus ls400 for about 4 months. Its my daily driver and well unfortunately I've had some car trouble. The gasket from my crankshaft pulley is leaking an exaggerated amount of oil. About a quart a day. Found a mechanic to fix this for me for 200. But then this light turned on. http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/eddiehehess/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140717_170404_zpsea62aa22.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0 I have no idea what this is :( my car has about 240,000 miles

Well its been leaking from the gasket of the crankshaft pulley for about a week. Havent been able to fix it cause i need it for work. But this weekend the mechanic maneged to squeeze me in. So that little light on the right means my breaks are bad? Havent changed the timing belt on it since i got it (4 months ago) planning on doing this when they fix the gasket.

while they are in there, replace the water pump, crankshaft seal and the 2 camshaft seals, plus the idler bearings and refill it with toyota red coolant..... or you will be sorry. later on..

100% Concur with Billy...While your in there, Replace the hoses and serpentine belt also, And Clean all you can see...You will feel way better when it is all done ;)

Ok thanks alot guys. Was gonna do all that except the watee pump. But you guys know alot more then i do lol. Thanks alot for the help. Thought that light was more serious

Thought that light was more serious ... not likely.. roll your windows down, drive it and stop, if you hear metal scraping, then yes the light is more serious,,,, if not, fix the leak, it could ruin your engine... been there, done that.. have owned 12 LS400's..

On the light, check your brake fluid level and make sure that none of your brake lights are burned out.

You absolutely should replace the water pump when doing the timing belt. It is only another $50-$100 in parts while the the mechanic is in there changing out the timing belt and fixing the crank seal. In addition to new idler and tensioner pulleys, I would put in a new thermostat. The labor is the real cost in doing this job. The parts are not exactly cheap but you can probably get a complete kit(Aisin) with timing belt, pump, pulleys for around $250 or so.