Cigarette Lighter Door Will Not Latch

Senator1949

I recently had a local car audio shop connect a wire to my cigarette lighter wire for a dash cam I installed. He refused to let me watch while he did the work.

At the time he did the work, there was a converter plugged into the cigarette lighter that powered the dash cam. After he completed the work, I removed the converter and tried to close the door covering the lighter, but it would not latch. When I took it back he refused to take responsibility saying the door was open at the time he did the work, because of the converter being plugged in. The converter had only been in for a few days prior to the work being done and prior to that, the door latched fine.

I'm trying to determine if I can remedy this situation or if I need to take it to another shop at an additional expense. See attached photos.

Any ideas or links would be appreciated. I tried looking in my owner's manual and searching online, but couldn't find anything.

Many thanks.

post-157415-0-89091500-1405801992_thumb.

post-157415-0-84487500-1405801994_thumb.