Voluntary Safety Recall Of Brake Assembly On 2013 Gs350

Lexus USA has announced a planned voluntary safety recall of approximately 10,500 model year 2013 GS 350 sedans due to an potential issue in the brake pedal assembly:

The brake pedal assembly in the subject vehicles contains a brake pedal load sensing switch which allows the brake system to detect brake pedal force application by the driver. Due to a manufacturing error, there is a possibility that the switch could improperly cause the brake system to activate without driver input while driving and without activating the rear brake lights. This could result in unexpected moderate deceleration.

Affected owners will be notified by mail, and the brake pedal support assembly will be replaced free of charge.

• Like 1

Thanks Alan for posting this Recall! It's the first I have ever heard of the problem. (that doesen't mean much as I'm always the last one in my family to get the punch line of a joke). With this recall along with GM's recalls, pretty soon we will have more cars' in the shop than on the road.

Thanks again Alan,

Paul

I always try to keep up whats been happening in the Lexus world, even though I haven't been as active as I used to be. Maybe it's because I'm getting too old. :wacko: