Replacement Of 2006 Is250 Navigation System

It has been suggested that I have to replace the entire navigation system in my 2006 IS250. About 2 weeks ago, it went blank for a day and then came back on after an episode of hard breaking. It worked for 11 days and then flashed once and went blank again. During the time that it is blank none of my controls work surrounding the screen and of course nothing touch controlled works on the screen, the backup camera also does not work. My climate seems to keep working at whatever setting it is on when the screen goes out, but you cannot manually control it or the defrost. The radio goes off when the screen goes out, but the LCD clock does work.

Does this sound like an entire replacement is necessary, if so any suggestions on how I can do this without paying the dealership $2600?

My email is absoluterottweilers@hotmail.com if anyone would like to give some words of wisdom.

I appreciate your time,

Tonya

• 3 months later...

Hello, DC Fish would you be able to help me out as well? I've had the exact same thing happen to me with regard to my nav system for my 2006 IS250. The dealership wants $1900 w/ 12 month warranty. I hav also researched BBA Reman as well. I have the same issues mentioned above...none of the buttons work around the nav, it's completely black.