Hid Lights

kmammas

I had all my lights changed on my 2003 to HID, including the fog lights. Now the light out indicator stays on from the moment the car is turned on. It doesn't reset. Does anyone know what the problem is and if anything can be done?

Thanks.

Hi, Thank you for replying. I'm talking about the indicator on the lower left hand side of the dash that goes on When a bulb is out. I had all the lights replaced to HID, including the fog lamps. I didn't do it myself, I'm not a car person. Had it done at a local shop that specializes in after market products. He's done lots of work in the past, had DVD player put in rear, had another DVD player that works on the front navigation screen that works by pressing a button andit changes to another screen . Had a reverse camera installed, some additional LCD lights placed on a Jaros front protector He installed for me. Also an auto start. All of this I had done over the past 10 years. So I think he knows what he's doing and trust him. I know he ordered a kit to do the work on the lights. The first time I went back, He said there was a bulb out in the back. But When I picked it up yesterday, the indicator still stays on, even after I shut the car off and remove the key and start it again. It comes on When you start the car, regardless if the lights are on and off. When I first start the car the indicator is off, but once a step on the break lights, it comes right on. I read somewhere that it makes a difference When the indicator comes on to figure out the cause. Is this something that will stay on now since I had this work done and I should ignore it. The lights look very good and I see a difference driving at night. I tried putting the lights on auto mode to see if that makes a difference, auto light function is working fine, the light turn on and off automatically, but the indicator stays on. I don't see any light bulbs out. If you can give me any advice or suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. When I go back to the dealer, they usually give me grief over the work I have done and sometimes even disconnect things. I have my LX for 12 years now. I've driven over 230,000 miles, it still drives beautifully and I have no intentions of giving it up. Once again, Thank you.

I even didn't know that such indication of faulty bulbs exists :)

Does it look like one of those on the attached pics?

If so, people say that it's most likely related to stop lights (either a bulb in one of the stop lights is burned out or it's an offspec bulb). This probably fits your explanation i.e. you get the indication on the time you depress the brake pedal?

PS If you get the former indication and it's not related to stop lights, people also say that this indication may mean that "offspec" bulbs are installed (e.g. in headlight). If so, probably a resistor would need to be added to your HIDs or maybe you just need to replace the relevant fuses to higher-amperage ones (e.g. for 20A)...Anyway, looks like the guy who installed this is best placed to diagnose the problem...

post-84591-0-73945200-1399187497.gif

post-84591-0-21117300-1399187507.gif

Thank you for the reply. The problem was corrected. My guy found a short with the rear lights. It has been corrected and the indicator is now off.

• Like 1