2005 Es 330 -Removing The Knee Bolster On Drivers Side?

Have a ES330 , that i need to replace the Body control module or Drivers junction block .. . I need to remove the bolster on the drivers side and the dash components im assuming ...

is there a link that describes how to do this on this forum..or somewhere else??

suprasvoboda,

Before you go for this, be sure you know where the body control module is located, or you may be wasting your time. Check with a Lexus service tech, or a good independent mechanic who works on Camry's, as they should be located in the same position on the car.

There really is no big deal with removing the knee bolster on the driver's side if it is indeed behind the panel. I pulled that same piece just last year on my wife's last ES, an 03 ES330, to replace the accelerator pedal and and its accelerator pedal position sensor.

There are two or three screws as I recall and one or two plastic push pins that simply need the centers pried out, and the panel is loose. It will only come out 3 inches or so, as all of the wiring switches for the trunk release, etc. are connected and need to be unclipped and pulled apart on the back.

On the other end of the panel (near your right knee) is the power pedal switch (if so equipped) and a small grating which has a plastic tube (interior air temp sensor?) behind it to be removed. Don't worry about getting everything back together correctly, as all the connectors will only fit in one location, to keep you from hooking up the wrong wires and switches.

There is as I recall a small rotary volume switch along the bottom about dead center that needs disconnecting for the keyless entry warning beeper.

Just take your time and pull gently, and you'll figure out what has to be done. This isn't rocket science.

As for a manual on all of this ... they are few and far between as Lexus is very stingy and wants about $600 for the factory service manual. Very few people have them, but they are out there.

As I said before, go for it, but take your time and don't force anything and you'll be surprised at how easy it'll be. Good Luck!