Trunk Won't Open!

divilish

I have a 2007 ES350 and my trunk decided to stay shut today, right when I arrived at work with stuff in the trunk.....

The keyfob doesn't work, the button on the trunk doesn't work and the button inside the car doesn't work.

There is no clicking sound, it doesn't seem to be moving the switch.

I can open the trunk using a long stick and pulling the emergency lever.

I have checked the valet and that is not the problem.

I have disconnected the battery multiple times. Apart from losing all my settings this did not help the trunk issue.

I pulled the fusebox and don't see a "trunk release" fuse. I see a fuel OPN but no trunk.....

My fuel door works fine.

I am going to check every fuse after I get off work, but I figured I would see if anyone has had this isuse?

EDIT: whoops sorry just saw the email with the first part -- see you checked valet so ignore below-- always the valet for me

don't panic 99.999% sure someone hit the button in the glove compartment , the valet switch!!!

Open glove press button and it will open

• 5 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm having the same problem. The key fob, button by the gas door, button on the trunk n valet button are not the problem! Does anyone have a solution to this problem? 

• 2 months later...

Well this was super helpful for my 2015 Lexus ES 300h - I accidentally had touched the button while puttin something in the glove box- It just so happen I had a dead battery from leaving the hazards lights on well the trunk would not open lol the key fob or the push button inside and outside would not open the trunk . I had to use the key 🔑 to unlock it .   After a Google search in what could be the issue this was the solution ! Thank you 

• 9 months later...

OK, for some people, the answer is the valet button in the glove box.  For others, that does not fix the problem.  So for those of us that did not accidentally hit the valet trunk cancel button, but still have no other way to open the trunk except to use the key, what is the cause and solution to the trunk won't open problem. Key fob won't open the trunk. The Button on the trunk lid won't open the trunk. and the button inside the car on dash below the steering wheel won't open the trunk.  All of them produce some kind of audible click, but it does not trigger the trunk to open.

• 2 months later...

I tried just about everything I could think of and everything everyone else told me to and nothing worked until one day I decided to get a new car battery and it's like the car reset itself and all the electric equipment started working like it was never a problem. I felt like kicking myself in the !Removed!¡ 🥴