When opening a door my side mirrors reset to factory settings. I always have to manually adjust the mirrors after opening the door and save the position while in park. You can hear the mirrors re-adjust almost every time I open the doors. Strange is that it only happens 90% of the time. I cannot figure out what combination of locking and opening the door causes the problem. Every time I take my car to the dealer I cannot replicate the problem. It doesn't matter which key fob I use or how I lock or unlock the door (i.e. using key fob, side door switch, the handle button or which door is used to open the car). I have a 2006 GS430. This began happening when I had a major repair fix after it was stolen and recovered. This is really frustrating and cased me to run into my mail box because I didn't manually reset my drivers side mirror before I backed up. Anyone have any ideas? I'm almost willing to replace both mirrors, key fobs and other related electronics to fix this problem. And even then that might not work.

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

My mirrors started acting up shortly after the warranty ended. The mirrors tilt down when going in reverse, and are supposed to return to where they were when in drive. My mirrors return usually too high to see out of. This is a BIG safety issue as you are seeing sky when there might be a car next to you.

Fiddling with the L/R rocker switch, I think you can defeat the mirrors going down, but it's a hassle and you loose the help it gives when backing and parking.