2005 Es330 - Body Control Computer Or (Drivers Junction Block) Gone

Hello Lexus Fans!

I have a very unusual problem .& i dont know what to do. Have a 2005 ES 330 , & I am told by my mechanic that the "Body Conrol Module or "Drivers Junction BLock" (lexus part name) has gone bad. (also called a BODY ECU)

Appraently , this is the FUSE BLOCK thats behind the bolster by the drivers left knee. It has a ECU built into the back of the fuse block . Its function is to control all the electric items in the car... like diming the back lighting of the A/C controls , and the Radio conrols.. all the lightng of the switches on the dash, ... thats what is not working .....

When i turn on the headlights, all the back lighting goes OUT!! this is visible in the LCD displays of both the radio and climate control. It appears that the switches are not back light at all ... even when the headlighs are off... i cant tell during the day.

I replaced several of the burned out little bulbs that twist off the circut board on the climate control circuit board , and replaced the gear shift light as well.

Anyway , does anyone know where these "Drivers junction blocks," or" Body Control Module" (lexus part name ) can be fixed or maybe a source of used ones are??

Im not kidding , they are $1000 from the lexus dealer.. ( a fuse block !!) with the comuter inside it !! .......... what is happening to our cars..????

what i need to know is , has this ever happened to anybody else, where can i send this to get fixed or is there a sourse of used ones.. that i can be directed to that handle this electronic fuse blocks!

thank you !

suprasverboda,

Try a local wrecker who has the same generation of ES. Or contact one of the wreckers that sells used parts on eBay, and tell them exactly what you need and where its located. I'm sure they can pull one for you and price it much better than a new one. Just don't tell the wrecker what Lexus wants for it, but they may well know anyway. Good Luck!