Inside Adjustment For Side Mirrors Will Not Work - 2003 Ls430

PilotguyPA28

My mirrors will adjust when I use the "preset" seat adjustment. However, when I try to adjust the side mirrors from inside neither works. Any idea what to check? Fuse? Is the "Adjustor" inside broken and needs replacing? I have only tried flipping that switch back and forth a lot of times in case there was corrosion. Didn't work. Someone at a nearby town (Lexus Dealer) said there could be a switch in the glovebox that was tripped but I didn't see any buttons or switches in the glovebox.

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

The switch is dirty. I had this problem. If the mirror work fines when you select another present that confirms the mirror tilt mechanisms are working which is a very good thing. Just remove tilting switch, cleanup with some alcohol, take a clean "Pink Pearl" eraser to rub the contacts in case of any oxide build up and then put it back together.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the previous post. Take the switch apart and clean it. I have used electrical contact cleaner that comes in a spray can with a small tube applicator. Wet the switch and contact throughly with the cleaner while moving the parts and the function should be restored. I get this cleaner at an electronics store,i.e. Radio Shack, Fryes, eBay etc.

Good Luck

• 3 weeks later...