What Sits In Your Garage Next To Your Lexus?

LEXIRX330

Lexirx330 - Good idea for a thread, LOC members own a wide and interesting variety of vehicles.

The 08 C300 (current gen C-class) is remarkably reliable and solid. My wife uses it as a dd, and it now has 114K miles (we drive it 19K miles per year), drives like new still. MB took the criticism about quality to heart before release of the W204 line and did the durability and reliability testing before first customer shipment, it paid off. Might replace the C300 with a CLA250 later.

Had a previous gen 01 C240, not even close in terms of reliability and quality. Turned it in 1 month early at end of lease with intermittent problems, fortunately the MB dealer/used car manager looked the other way since he knew the car would be wholesaled off and not sold on their lot.

I'd post a pic, but somebody borrowed my Kodak "Instamatic" and I can't remember who it was. No matter I guess cause I'm out of flash bulbs anyhow!

In my garage you have two choices. Choice one; a 2013 ES350 - Obsidian/Parchment Or, Choice two; A 2013 RX350 - White Peral/parchment.

My wife loves her RX, and I lean toward the silky smooth ride of the ES.

Paul

My car sits next to my hubby's 2011 Ford F-150 Sport. It is the workhorse that does all the driving and carrying things so my sweet baby can lead the life of luxury. We have had it less than 2 years and already have 70k miles on it. I have always been blessed to have a husband that would drive the family truckster and let me have the sports car.

On the wall next to my car I have a cool little plastic bumper that I bought off of Amazon to protect my door edge because his truck is a garage hog. ;)

My car sits next to my hubby's 2011 Ford F-150 Sport. It is the workhorse that does all the driving and carrying things so my sweet baby can lead the life of luxury. We have had it less than 2 years and already have 70k miles on it. I have always been blessed to have a husband that would drive the family truckster and let me have the sports car.

On the wall next to my car I have a cool little plastic bumper that I bought off of Amazon to protect my door edge because his truck is a garage hog. ;)

Post a pic of his truck up...I want to get this topic moving!

By the way I have often considered one of those plastic bumpers too! I want to put it on the side of my car though!!!

Get this one. It is clear so it doesn't look real ugly in the garage, it is soft so it absorbs impact and it comes with suction cups so you can stick it to the side of your car. I just removed the suction cups and nailed it to my wall.

Go to Amazon and paste this in the search box. If I do a link it brings up my personal data.

Auto Care Products Inc 20040 Park Smart Stick-On Door Guard, Clear

I'll snap a pic of Lexie and Honey Badger together in the garage.

• 8 months later...

08 Mercedes C300 Sport (128K miles) was replaced this week by a 2013 C250 Sport w/Sport Package PLUS (CPO w/13K miles).

Still checking it out, I will drive it more next week hopefully.

post-130421-0-82657900-1403912397_thumb.

My table saw and all of my woodworking tools. Love making furniture. Also my 45 years worth of automotive tools including a wire feed gas welder, 12 ton press....and the list goes on...YUP truck sits outside......

Since we have brought this back up, hubby now has a white 2013 F150 FX Sport. Nice truck.

Also, since my Camaro isn't in the 3rd garage, we have a huge assortment of lawn equipment and I can keep the trash carts in it so you can't see them from the street.

• 4 weeks later...

^ Wow, I really like how your 535i is setup (engine, color combo, packages, etc.)...

Oh thank you! I really didn't veer off too far from my previous E60 2009 528i. I only opted for the 535i back in 2012 because they changed the engine of the 528i and made it a 4cyl turbo. Color combo was the exact same as my 528i but I added just the technology package just to get the backup camera. I almost decided to get alpine white in 2012 but decided to stick with Space Gray. We shall see next year if I stick to Space Gray or try something new ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Down one at my house.

I sold my 2013 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/technology package a couple of weeks ago. A family member needed to replace her Subie Outback with 189K miles, so I offered up my Mazda which I wasn't using as much this year. It had been a very solid vehicle and I thoroughly recommend it as one of best in this class.

The Lexus is outside, and in the garage is my 2004 Corvette ZO-6. The yellow Corvette looks great alongside the Cinnabar red GS400. And further down the driveway is a 1999 Dodge Dakota. Most of the paint is blistered off the truck but it's a gem mechanically. It hauls stuff to and from my boat.

• 2 weeks later...

SOmewhere on the other side of my garage is my 66 Cutlass F-85. I think I even have a 1972 Honda CB-350 twin in there somewhere as well. I have cars all over the place which has it's good and bad points.

If I ever win the lottery, I'm going to have a parking garage full of cars and a full time attendant to keep them all spotless and serviced. Ahhhhhh.....maybe tonight. I have 5 powerball tickets.

Oh yeah....who needs a house when you will be out cruising all the time? BTW, I didn't win the powerball. :-(

Have you ever seen the Don Garlit's museum in Ocala, FL? He has an awesome collection. One car that I was really impressed with was a Plymouth Superbird. It was painted a bronze color. It was the only one Plymouth painted that color. When I was a kid I loved those cars.