Hi guys, I am new here and was wondering if anyone could help me. I have a RX300 2005 SEL. I have been looking at ways to connect my ipod to my stereo. I have used the FM transmitter and don't like it.

I have seen stuff from Grom audio and Vais Technology which can connect my ipod via CD changer but I won't be able to have full ipod control on my stereo.

I have been to an audio shop as I am thinking of installing a new head unit which has ipod connection already and with full ipod controls. The guy at the shop said that if I take out the original stereo then my sat nav and bluetooth phone connections won't work.

He explained that the sat nav is connected to the original head unit for audio as is the bluetooth for the telephone and can not be connected to a different head unit.

He said that he tried it on a Lexus IS and the sat nav stopped working too.

Has anyone changed their head unit or know of anyone who has???

Many thanks

Check out iSimple. Hard wired connection to radio with the other to your iPod. You tune your fm to 87.9. The iPod controls which song; your radio, the vol and tone. The iPod, iPhone or iPad is charged simultaneously. iSimple has set up for other smartphones, etc. I use it on my 99 RX300. Works great.