Change To Synthetic Oil At 95,000? (2003 Ls430)

PilotguyPA28

I use Mobil 1 synthetic oil.I have read from some people who think it creates oil leaks in the engine. I think that's absolutely rubbish. Synthetic oil does not break down as fast as conventional oils and is why it lasts thousands of miles longer--because it retains its viscocity.

I would go for it. Bought my 1994 ls400 with 177,000 miles, first thing I did was oil change to Mobil 1synthetic. No leaks and it provides much better protection for your engine in both hot and cold conditions.

I'ma old fuddy-duddy, but I have always used conventional oil, I'm 79+ now, and have never had engine damage from an oil problem... in the late '40's I changed every 2000 miles, went to 3000 after high school (52) and continued until I got my first Lexus (1994) and went to 5000.. I have had 12 LS400's ... your good with either, unless you are racing or exceeding 5000 miles.. Now, that and a dime... wont buy anything, but it used to get me in the show and buy popcorn...

post-5365-0-06872900-1377534617_thumb.jp

Billy is right. Conventional oil is so good nowadays that it really does not matter all that much. Change every 5k along with a new filter and you can safely use conventional oil and will not notice much difference other than a little more money in your pocket. Now if you live in a really cold climate, the synthetic may allow your engine to spin a little faster when cold cranking. That might be a consideration if your car has to sit out overnight in the winter.