Replace Steering Wheel On '03 Ls430? Leather Is Very Worn.....

PilotguyPA28

My car is almost immaculate except the steering wheel leather is very worn. What can I do about it?

Thanks in advance!

Wheelskins cover. I put one on a couple months ago and its amazing for about $50 You thread it on, takes about an hour. Easy to do.

• Like 1

Depends upon how professional and original you want the final job to be. If you want it to be stock looking, best to visit a good interior auto restoration shop. They might be able to re-dye the leather or replace entirely. If you are not real particular, you could Do It Yourself with a cover.

Depends upon how professional and original you want the final job to be. If you want it to be stock looking, best to visit a good interior auto restoration shop. They might be able to re-dye the leather or replace entirely. If you are not real particular, you could Do It Yourself with a cover.

You wont even believe how good these look and feel. Looks almost factory and feels great. I went with the charcoal one color and the match is right on.

s

So my 91 is cherry. My wheel was trashed. I did all the research to the couple places that rewrap them professionally. You pull the air bag and wheel, send it off and wait 2 to 4 weeks. This costs $250 and up, car down for weeks. Not a very appealing solution. I figured Id take a flier on a $50 Wheelskin. Love it.