'code 46 On '92 Ls400

jerryparks

I have finally cleared all the codes that were outstanding, except code 47. Any ideas what I need to check next would be appreciated. Also the CEL and trac light stay on. I have tried to clear any fixed codes by removing the neg on the battery for a few seconds.

The code relates to the Traction Control system if fitted.

It would appear that the throttle pots for both the main throttle and trac are misadjusted, there is a factory proceedure for setting them up.

46 - Main throttle position sensor signal is 4.3V or higher, or main throttle position sensor signal is 0.2V or lower when idle switch is OFF

47 - When idle switch is ON, sub-throttle position sensor signal is 1.45V or higher

Hi,

After you disconnect the battery post, while leaving the battery disconnected, you could drain any residual power by putting the key in the ignition and turning it. Alternative, you should let the battery remain disconnected long enough to let any residual power (stored in capacitors, etc.) drain out. That should reset the ECU.

Hope this helps.