Led Converstion

ShawnOklahoma

Hey everyone,

I'm pretty new on this forum and thought I'd start out with my latest project. I changed nearly all my OEM Halogen lights to LED's. I think it looks so much cleaner and am happy with the results. Might not be for everyone, but if anyone is interested I can supply some more info.

post-148241-0-67455300-1367302548_thumb.

post-148241-0-46867300-1367302551_thumb.

post-148241-0-00859100-1367302554_thumb.

post-148241-0-86151700-1367302563_thumb.

post-148241-0-87501000-1367302566_thumb.

post-148241-0-90526800-1367302577_thumb.

post-148241-0-15989000-1367302583_thumb.

post-148241-0-00196300-1367302587_thumb.

post-148241-0-76750700-1367302592_thumb.

Hi Shawn and welcome to the LOC.

The conversion makes a big difference in the whole look of the car. In the 2013 ES350, Lexus has moved further with the use of LED's. The front foot wells use led's and the DRL's also are LED"s. Also the rear license plate is LED.

My pet pive has always been the weak, tiny light in the console box. It doesn't matter if it's day or night. When you open the the top and look in, all you see is a black hole. As you know, if anyone follows astro physics, black hole suck. Big time. lol. Come on people. For over forty grand you can't put in a brighter bulb.

Paul

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What bulbs are these? Cree?

The only bulbs that were CREE were the reverse 7440 CREE. All the other bulbs were LED SMD bulbs from iJDMtoy. Great store, great service. I highly recommend them. Ask for Kevin or Thura and feel free to mention ShawnOklahoma with the SC430 directed you to them. ;-) If anyone needs the bulb numbers, I can provide them at request.

• 4 months later...

Hi to all lexus sc drivers.

I have 2003 lexus sc430 convertible. I bought this car just 1 week ago. I need right tail lights. Where can i find or order from a website? Could be new or used. Could be new style or old style.

Also need 4 brake disks and pads!

I live in Turkey,hope someone or any seller can ship.

Thanks.

Please help me friends.

Are you looking for just the bulbs, or the entire light housing? If you need just bulbs, have a look at http://store.ijdmtoy.com/. If you need the actual parts, I suggest using either http://lexus.sewellparts.com/, http://www.ebay.com/, or (since you are in Turkey) a Polish site that I used when I was in Europe called http://allegro.pl/, but you will have to use Polish language to search. Also searching for the Lexus "Soarer" works. Good luck.

• Like 1

Are you looking for just the bulbs, or the entire light housing? If you need just bulbs, have a look at http://store.ijdmtoy.com/. If you need the actual parts, I suggest using either http://lexus.sewellparts.com/, http://www.ebay.com/, or (since you are in Turkey) a Polish site that I used when I was in Europe called http://allegro.pl/, but you will have to use Polish language to search. Also searching for the Lexus "Soarer" works. Good luck.

Thanks ShawnOklahoma!

I checked out this http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accessories-catalog/Exterior/SC430-2003/4323.html

But it's really expensive parts :( unfortunately can't affort to buy that.

Also, i found this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Taillight-02-03-04-05-Lexus-SC430-SC-430-Passenger-Driver-Tail-light-Tail-lamp-/261298740366

could be useful? Hope the seller can ship to any country,i'm gonna try my change.

I just want to buy new style of tail lights for sc430. unfortunately couldnt find a good price :(

Thanks. If you know any web site for new style tail lights for sc430,please let me know.

Yes those lights are very expensive for the lights alone. The ECU (computer) is even more expensive. If you choose to get the lights without the computer then you will always have a warning light on the dashboard that shows that one of your lights is not working properly. Many people put the new lights in and just ignore the warning light b'c they choose not to buy the computer. Also you will need to purchase the matching garnish (red part on the trunk lid) for the newer lights since the old garnish has vertical lines and a different size/shape. I will PM you a link that will explain more.

• Like 1

Yes those lights are very expensive for the lights alone. The ECU (computer) is even more expensive. If you choose to get the lights without the computer then you will always have a warning light on the dashboard that shows that one of your lights is not working properly. Many people put the new lights in and just ignore the warning light b'c they choose not to buy the computer. Also you will need to purchase the matching garnish (red part on the trunk lid) for the newer lights since the old garnish has vertical lines and a different size/shape. I will PM you a link that will explain more.

Thanks my friend. It looks im gonna order new style of tail lights for my sc430 without computer. I really dont care warning at my console! :)

Would you give me the best prices for those new stye tail lights? And would it be so difficult to match to old place? That matching garnish cost?

For headlights? Can i change the style? If there is not much cost,i would but i think no neccesarry :)

Thanks my friend. It looks im gonna order new style of tail lights for my sc430 without computer. I really dont care warning at my console! :)

Would you give me the best prices for those new stye tail lights? And would it be so difficult to match to old place? That matching garnish cost?

For headlights? Can i change the style? If there is not much cost,i would but i think no neccesarry :)

Those sites that I've provided have the only price that i know. I don't know of anything cheaper than that. The new style are different from the old style and you will have to modify the body of the vehicle to mount properly, as they aren't the exact same shape as the older style. There will be a small gap b'c the new ones are an inch smaller. Usually the garnish is sold with the lights, so you will have to confirm with the seller from which you purchase to make sure he will sell you both. Changing the style requires modification, but I'm not sure to what extent since I have never done the change.

• Like 1

Those sites that I've provided have the only price that i know. I don't know of anything cheaper than that. The new style are different from the old style and you will have to modify the body of the vehicle to mount properly, as they aren't the exact same shape as the older style. There will be a small gap b'c the new ones are an inch smaller. Usually the garnish is sold with the lights, so you will have to confirm with the seller from which you purchase to make sure he will sell you both. Changing the style requires modification, but I'm not sure to what extent since I have never done the change.

Thank you my friend. I will contact with the seller and ask 'do they have any part to fit new style to old style place'

I hope they have :)))

Whenever i get an answer from them,i will share here,and i'll fix them asap! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I'm pretty new on this forum and thought I'd start out with my latest project. I changed nearly all my OEM Halogen lights to LED's. I think it looks so much cleaner and am happy with the results. Might not be for everyone, but if anyone is interested I can supply some more info.

where did you buy the LED light for the SC430

Hey everyone,

where did you buy the LED light for the SC430

Check out http://store.ijdmtoy.com/.

• 9 months later...
2002 Lexus SC430 Car Lightbulb Size Diagram

Low Beam Headlight Bulb Size: HID-D4S

Low Beam Headlamp Light Bulb Size: HID-D2S

-High Beam Headlamp Light Bulb Size: 9005 or 9005 HID Upgrade Kit

-Parking Light Bulb Size: 168

Front Turn Signal Light Bulb Size: 992 (7440A)

Rear Turn Signal Light Bulb Size: 7440

Tail Light Bulb Size: 7443

Stop Light Bulb Size: 7443

<>High Mount Stop Light Bulb Size: Assembly

-Fog/Driving Light Bulb Size: H3 or H3 HID Upgrade Kit

-License Plate Light Bulb Size: 194

-Back Up Light Bulb Size: 7440

-Front Side Marker Light Bulb Size: 168

-Rear Side Marker Light Bulb Size: 168

-Glove Box Light Bulb Size: 37

-Map Light Bulb Size: DE3175

-Dome Light Bulb Size: BA9

-Step/Courtesy Light Bulb Size: 194 or 74

-Trunk/Cargo Area Light Bulb Size: 194

Shawn

What about the door sill plate bulb. Did you replace it and how did you get it out. I can get the sill plate out but can't see how to get access to the lamp.

theazz

The door scuff plate is not changeable. The light is a complete assembly and opening it will break some tabs. Although, I've seen a few people that have torn it apart and changed it but I'm not ready to do such a thing. You can however, purchase one from Japan that is Blue... no idea how to locate one though. Sorry.

Shawn

I received my cree lamps for my reverse sockets on my sc430. I can't seem to get them to work. I've reversed the polarity (reversing the bulb) but nothing. When I put my original back in it works fine. Did you have any issues when you did yours.

theazz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi Shawn, I came across this forum searching for led lights for my 2004 SC430. I'm looking to replace the standard fog light bulbs with led if it can be done without compromising the car.

Ron 

21 hours ago, Rwal said:

Hi Shawn, I came across this forum searching for led lights for my 2004 SC430. I'm looking to replace the standard fog light bulbs with led if it can be done without compromising the car.

Ron 

Fog Bulb is H3. There are common LED replacement bulbs for the fog light but their performance is weak when compared to halogen. I have yet to find a true LED that will create a forced beam of light as halogen bulbs are designed. LEDs cause a greater dispersion of light and therefore aren't the greatest for certain applications (ie. fog, high beam, etc). HID might be a better option for the fogs. I've started looking into them, but nothing concrete yet.