On a 2008 GS350, the cell phone is connected via bluetooth for phone calls. However, is it possible to play music through bluetooth?

Have tried connecting Iphone to the plug in glove box but it does not recognize all songs and it is not very user friendly, atleast not for me, so i get around it by using the audio jack input in the armrest.

Thanks!

According to the specs I'm reading on Lexus.com, the 2010-up GS comes with A2DP Bluetooth audio. Your 2008 does not.

You could plug a Bluetooth A2DP adapter into "the audio jack input in the armrest" - they are pretty cheap on Amazon and eBay but reviews of them are spotty. Your phone battery will drain substantially faster and you still won't be able to control your iPhone from your head unit or nav screen, if equipped. I stream audio from my phone via the Bluetooth A2DP in my wife's Prius but I almost always charge my phone while doing it. I often don't bother to use Entune (the Toyota version of Lexus Enform) to listen to Pandora ... just as easy to stream Pandora directly from my phone without using the pathetic Entune/Enform interface.