2012 Rx350 Bluetooth Drops Out During Phone Calls

emery

I have a 2012 RX350 which does not have navigation. I use my Iphone 4S while driving using the bluetooth functionality to connect to the radio. Periodically, while on a call, the word "talking" goes off the display, the stereo come back on, plays for about 5 seconds, then "talking:" reappears on the display and 2-3 seconds later (if the person hasn't hung up) you can resume your call.

I took the car in 3 1/2 months ago and Lujack Lexus replaced a wire reel in the steering column at Lexus's direction (oh, by the way, the radio,cd,satellite, etc, changes channels when you are turning corners maybe once every 3 weeks- I have made sure I'm not touching the controls on the wheel when I'm turning). No improvement.

Since then, I have called the 1-800-25Lexus line at least 2-3 times to ask what can be done. The last time was 3 weeks ago. As usual, they promise a phone reply within 2 days which they always do. So, I get my call back in 2 days and they tell me that they are trying to determine when the technical person in my region will be at my dealership and they will call me back in a day or possibly 2. That was 2 1/2 weeks ago.............no call. I've called my dealer several times who says they're waiting on Lexus.

Has anyone else experienced this type of problem? Has anyone else experienced this type of response from Lexus? I think I understand why they removed the word "passionate" from their past slogan of "The passionate pursuit of perfection".

Any help would be appreciated

Update:

I received a call from Lexus corporate and my dealer committing to resolve the problem, whatever it is. Hopefully, we're heading to a solution.

Edited by emery

• 2 weeks later...

Emery - hoping you got a resolution to the problem. Same exact problem regarding the Bluetooh. Havent had the other issues yet. History

Have had the same phone, and provider. Have not had an issue with it since we leased it a year ago. 2 weeks ago started seeing this problem of the bluethooth connection dropping off and the call continuing. If i am driving and I call out when the person answers it looks to me like bluetooth and the call dropped ("talking" goes away) but the person I called can hear me trying to get bluetooth re connected ("setup, phone setup, connect phone... etc) Will take it in for service but wanted to get a response here first.

Are either or both of you having the problem with multiple phones of different brands? Based on what I've seen, this type of problem is commonly due to a problem with the phone or a non-vehicle component about 99.99% of the time. For example, some phone holders and "skins" have been found to interfere with Bluetooth.

• 3 weeks later...

Lexus has replaced the radio and I have not had any problems since that time. It's been 2 weeks. I'm hoping that the problem is fixed. Time will tell.

I only use 1 phone with this car, my IPhone 4S.