Seat Belt Warning Light On Console

LWL

The seat belt warning light on my console remains on, and I believe its likely that a fuse needs to be replaced to make this light go out; does anyone know which fuse (location #) controls this warning light? And, if it's not the fuse, where to start looking for a remedy?

The seat belt warning light on my console remains on, and I believe its likely that a fuse needs to be replaced to make this light go out; does anyone know which fuse (location #) controls this warning light? And, if it's not the fuse, where to start looking for a remedy?

Year? Model? Is this for the driver's seat or front passenger?

To: cduluk:

This problem is on a 2002 RX300; the console light remains on regardless of whether one or both of the front seats are occupied and the belts clasped.

• 2 weeks later...

This problem is on a 2002 RX300; the console light remains on regardless of whether one or both of the front seats are occupied and the belts clasped.

Are you referring to the red blinking seatbelt light in the gauge cluster (below the speedometer) or the red seatbelt light on the passengers side (to the right of the radio)?

I doubt a fuse is the issue. I'm thinking it has something to do with a malfunctioning switch. Ordinarily, the drivers side seatbelt light will always blink unless the red button on the seatbelt latch is held down (or if the seatbelt is buckled). The passenger side seatbelt light should only blink when a substantial weight is on the seat (a heavy package or a person). However if no one is on the seat, or if someone is sitting there with the belt fastened, the light should be off.

What bugs me is the fact that the light still blinks if someone is sitting in the seat with the belt buckled. This means that the car doesn't know the belt is buckled (suggesting a malfunctioning buckle switch). But this doesn't explain why the light still blinks when no one is in the seat (this would suggest the pressure switch is bad).

Very weird... report back as to which light (drivers side or passengers side, or both) and we'll work from there.

• 3 weeks later...