Center Console Will Not Open 03 Ls430

weston

• 3 months later...

I just fixed this on my console. Symptom was if I slide the top cover forward as I closed and opened it, it worked fine.

I disassembled and found the screws from the hinge (58907-50030) to the top cover had worked loose. Just had to tighten those up and I was good to go. Its a bit of work to get the cover out. Basically you are removing the inner console box and cover as a unit.

post-88814-0-89308100-1357743022_thumb.j

• 8 years later...
On 1/10/2013 at 1:52 AM, curiousB said:

I just fixed this on my console. Symptom was if I slide the top cover forward as I closed and opened it, it worked fine.

I disassembled and found the screws from the hinge (58907-50030) to the top cover had worked loose. Just had to tighten those up and I was good to go. Its a bit of work to get the cover out. Basically you are removing the inner console box and cover as a unit.

post-88814-0-89308100-1357743022_thumb.j

Hi and thanks for this info. We have the same problem and opening the console trick was as most people found is to slide the lid forward.

You mention it was a bit tricky getting the inner box out, any clues? I am an old b.... with arthritic fingers so have to think about what I tackle, too many years working with my hands!

This is our third LS430 and should NEVER have gone away experimenting with Jeep and Volvo.