AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andie522

Poor Mileage Post-Tuneup Rx 300

3 posts in this topic

I have been getting 18-20 mpg in mixed driving in my 1999 RX300 but it went down to 17.2 for the past 6 months. Just had a complete tuneup but mileage is still 17.2. I read something about a memory fix that the dealer can do, does anyone know anything about this, or any more suggestions for better mileage? Thanks.

I have been getting 18-20 mpg in mixed driving in my 1999 RX300 but it went down to 17.2 for the past 6 months. Just had a complete tuneup but mileage is still 17.2. I read something about a memory fix that the dealer can do, does anyone know anything about this, or any more suggestions for better mileage? Thanks.

Welcome Andie522.

Looks like nodody knows the answer either, Nor do I.

The obvioous next step is to call your dealer and ask about the memory enhanecment.

Please write back and let us know what you found out.

Paul

Never heard of it, however unhooking the battery for 10minutes and connecting will start the reset the computer. When You had a tuneup what type of plugs, did you use...Hopefully the original equipment either NGK or Denso iridium. Please not that summer blend gas generally gets worse mileage, (more for polution less for performance) Other things are the cleaning of the Idle air control valve, replacing the PVC valve, using a good quality fuel performance synthetic oil. Tire pressure and type of tires can also affect mileage as well as a clean air filter. Good luck

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By itsdancarl
      Hi i'm new to the forum, I searched already if this subject exists, didn't see anything close to my situation. I have a 1994 Lexus LS400. I bought the car from a sketchy guy, but the car was clean and i believed 178k miles sounded right. after owning the car a month I Car Fax'd it finding out that as of August 2007 it had 234k miles, and May 2010 it was found to have 190k miles. the next owner drove it to 246k miles as of August 2012. within the same owner, during another service, it was documented at 208k miles. He then sold it to me at 178k miles. I know he rolled it back and tampered with it, because the capacitors went out (Normal issue) and i had a professional change them. This car has OBD1 so I don't completely know how to roll it forward to be honest with the mileage, or even if its legal. any suggestions, thanks!
    • By JanetP
      I have a 2013 ES 300h. I bought it January 2013 and already have more than 72,500 miles on it. Yes, I know, I drive a lot, which is why I bought this particular car. I wanted comfort and good gas mileage. Up until Feb of this year I was consistently getting between 36-38 mpg. In stop and go traffic on the LA freeways I would get 41-43. Suddenly the mileage started going down and now it's at 32-34 mpg. After a fill-up, I'll get the 36 mpg until I hit about 7/8 to 3/4 of a tank. Then it drops. I also seem to get better mpg on highway; it used to be the other way around. The battery never seems to charge all the way. I have done the following to try and improve the mileage:
      Increased tire pressure Oil changes New tires Fuel injector cleaning Replaced air filter Checked the spark plugs Used Chevron instead of Costco gas Took it to the dealer to have the battery checked out Has anyone else had the same or similar problem? Any suggestions about what caused the mileage to degrade?
      I found something online about the rear brakes causing drag and degrading the mileage on a Prius. That's my next step but I thought I also post here.
      Any suggestion is welcome.
    • By TheBjamin
      I own a 2013 RX 450h and from the day I purchased it I have averaged 24mpg, bouncing from 23-25mpg highway mileage, with anywhere from 22-26mpg city... a far cry from the 28/32mpg advertised. The dealership has reset my ECM three times, changed the inflation on the tires four times, and added a special spoiler and "areo fins", all with 0 effect. After pestering Lexus for over a year, I was told that 24mpg is NORMAL for this car, and there is nothing wrong with it. I have polled other 450h drivers and the vast majority state their mileage is the same, around 24-25mpg. Only 3 have said they get the promised 28/32mpg.
      I intend to file a class action lawsuit against Lexus for artificially inflating their MPG rating on their hybrid vehicles in order to increase sales and justify the massive price difference between the hybrid and regular models.
      I am polling all 450h owners, 2010-2015, to find out what their average mileage is. If a significant number are having the same issue, I will begin the process of filing on behalf of all 450h owners.
      Again, this is only for 2010-2015 models. Thank you in advance for posting your MPG experiences.
      Ben
    • By Marine Mustang
      Just purchased a 2011 RX-350 AWD with 19,500 miles on odometer. Now at 20, 500 with several long trips planned next month. Currently getting average of 20 MPG in mixed driving (not heavy city type, but not Interstate) Used to get about 24 mpg city and 27 mpg road driving on a 2008 model, also AWD. Is there a method, adjustment, computer setting or other 'fix' for this that will improve the overall mileage? Have tried both mid-range and high octane fuels with no noticeable difference or improvement. I there an acceptable after-market product that would be beneficial? Thanks for the review.
    • By enablers2
      Have around 1200 miles on my ES300h. Had an HS250h before. Got 32-34 average mpg for 3 years on the HS. Only getting around 35 mpg on the ES so far. While alot of city driving in Los Angeles area, I do believe the car is not getting advertised mpg, especially in light of the mpg on my HS which was rated 32-34mpg. What experiences are other ES300h owners having? I know all the hybrid tricks that worked on the HS. I notice the real time mpg indicator, when going 45-60 mph and running in Eco mode and gauge in Eco range is at 35-38mpg. Love to hear other owners experience before I talk to dealer.