Buying New Rx 350 - 2013.... How Much Should I Pay?

This is the first time I am buying a new car and it is a lexus rx 350 (2013) and the price that i saw on dealership site is around 48,790... Almost every dealership has the same rate. I have chosen the second package worth $7k. How much I should negotiate? I was thinking more around 45k... does this sound like a fair price?

I want to give this as a gift to my wife :)

OK, first off, I don't have any connection to the fightingchance.com website--I just used it.

I just went through the purchase process (and it IS a process--about 2 days worth) and came out with a brand new 2013 RX 350. The purchase price was about $700 to $1200 BELOW dealer invoice (plus tax, title, yadda, yadda). The variable depends on whether the $489 'document fee' is a legitimate charge. Bottom line--I paid exactly $49,000 out-the-door for an RX with a $47,715 MSRP--and we have 9% sales tax.

The equipment packages that will be offered in your area will probably differ from what is commonly available in my area (Phoenix). You have to put up with one of the 3 or 4 commonly available option packages in your area (usually called something like 'Nav Package with Other Options'). You can find that out by doing a "build your Lexus" on the Lexus website (you put in your zip code so it knows where you are). You will end up with an MSRP for the car with the options you want that is available in your area.

As for the actual purchasing process, I can't say enough about FightingChance.com. You will pay about $40 for the packet that contains probably 50 pages--much is general information about the new car price structure, exact procedure for buying the vehicle, etc. and other very specific info on your vehicle (RX). You will probably save AT LEAST $1000 over just about ANY internet or car-buying-service price. I can't give you all the details about the process, but I can say it involves a bidding process and that you won't be able to tell what price a particular dealer may sell at. The price I paid is below what a couple of websites have for the actual dealer cost. I made 2 phone calls to the Fighting Chance office (they prefer phone calls to emails for questions) and spoke to the owner once. They are very friendly and interested in what deal you get and how the process worked for you.

BTW, I now have 112 miles on my new RX (Claret Mica w/Saddle Tan) and love it already. I also have a 2004 SC430 that I bought used about 4 years ago.

Good Luck on your purchase and let us know how it goes!

• 1 month later...

This is the first time I am buying a new car and it is a lexus rx 350 (2013) and the price that i saw on dealership site is around 48,790... Almost every dealership has the same rate. I have chosen the second package worth $7k. How much I should negotiate? I was thinking more around 45k... does this sound like a fair price?

I want to give this as a gift to my wife smile.png

I just used the Costco car buying program to purchase a 2013 AWD RX-350 with $7,705 worth of options including navigation system, comfort package, parking assist, and premium package with blindspot monitor. The sticker, including doc fee, was $49,290 and my out-the-door price, not counting sales tax of 3%, was $47,100. That means I go $2,190 off sticker and I didn't have to haggle. I thought the price was fair and I loved not having to have a war with the salesman. I also got a fair price for my trade-in and since I had used the Costco price list I didn't have to worry about falling for that old trick where the sticker price is heavily discounted but the trade-in is low-balled. Just to be sure, I got a quote for my old car from Carmax and it was right in the ballpark of the dealer's trade-in offer.

I think your wife will love the RX. This is the third one we have owned (all bought new) and they have been as close to perfect as any vehicle I've ever owned. Enjoy.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just (28 Aug) used the "TMV" number from edmunds.com as my own "target". Got my 2013 RX-350 for about $200 less after only one "Let me talk to the manager" trip by my salesman. I was VERY satisfied.

I don't have any input on price, but i do have to say that Lexus did an awesome job re-designing the front end of the 2013 RX- it looks beautiful! At least compared to the '10-12...

claybarb- your new RX looks amazing! That's a wonderful color, too! Is it Claret Mica?

• 1 month later...

I bought a 2013 RX350 AWD (with comfort pkg, premium pkg, nav, blind spot monitor, remote start) for $45400.

$49075 with tax + doc fee $399 + dmv fees.

Is that a good deal ?

And does anyone have any experience with good deal for financing ?

And extended warranty and pre-maintenance packages ?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

Arjun

• 4 weeks later...

I would suggest trying at no less than 10% off MSRP. I purchased a 2013 RX350 w/nav & blind spot, comfort , premium package , wood wheel/shift knob, intutitve assist, wheel locks, side moldings, weather tech front, 2nd row and cargo custom molded mates, including destinationn was about 49,500. After a long slog, I walked out at $43,300 incl destination (plus tax, title). I thought that was decent for both parties

• 1 month later...

@ mcfancy14 - Congrats on this is a great deal that you got. I am currently working with a salesman about a 2013 RX350 AWD (Premium Pkg, Comfort pkg) without nav. Salesman offered me $44,500 Out the door but your deal looks much better with nav for $43,300 including (tax, title, tag) out the door. Is there anyway you can give me a lttile more feedback how you got a great deal. For example: did you do a trade in or family recommendation discount? any fedback from you will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• 2 months later...