2013 & Bluetooth Phone Will Not Allow Speed Dials W/o Uploading Co

I have a brand new 2013 and had it recognize my iPhone. But, I have more than the allowed 1,000 contacts on my phone, so it would not upload them all and, frustratingly, did not upload the ones whom I wanted to select for speed dials. So, I deleted the contacts, but then could not create a speed dial without a contact for it to look for. I find no way to upload only selected contacts. So, as best as I can tell I can connect my phone to the system and make calls where I can talk over the Lexus microphone, but have to manage my calls via contact from the phone itself. Any ideas on how to create speed dials without contacts or how to upload only a few contacts? Thanks.

I think I ran across a solution that involved creating a group to sync. Didn't apply to me (iPhone can't transfer to the 08) so I'm not 100% certain that I'm recalling correctly.

1000+ contacts? Are you really Tim Cook?

There used to be a service that tested cell phones for compatibilty to Lexus vehicles but I imagine they are no longer around. Our Windows phones sync very well with our 06. Then again, we have fewer than 40 contacts among the two of us..........

• 1 month later...

Speaking of Apple products: I have spent quite a bit of time in Chengdu, China where the huge Foxcon factory is located. A coworker at our facility had worked for Foxcon as an engineer and told me that almost every month there was a suicide among the 100,000+ workers. The stress of long hours and hyper-demanding superiors pushed many employees to end their lives. Explosions in the plant are not uncommon, apparently. Combine these working conditions with the fact that Apple has some of the highest profit margins among companies that sell phones and tablets and you won't find me giving my hard-earned money to this company.

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now......