How To Replace Rear Marker Light Bulb ?

Renoir911

Hello.

This has probably been asked but I cannot find a thread.

How do I replace the driver side rear marker bulb on my 2002 RX300 ?

Does the plastic cover pry off ? I do not want to try until I hear back from someone who knows.

I looked on line and read about removing 2 bolts in the wheel well. I do not see bolts there. It cannot be that complicated.

I've included a photo.

Hoping to hear back.

Thank you, wishing you a great day.

post-99832-0-61064100-1339530880_thumb.j

Have you checked to see if the bulb can be accessed from underneath the vehicle? The lenses on this type of Toyota/Lexus lamp units are almost always glued on. Attached is a diagram that might help.

post-2157-0-24696700-1339544865_thumb.jp

Thank you for your reply. I looked underneath and thee is nothing showing at all. I looked inside the luggage compartment, removed the cover and all I see is a large electric cable going through a hole. No evidence of a light fixture to untwist or pull out. It leaves only the wheel well area to access it. But what I read on line does not match what I am seeing there. I have not tried pulling the plastic lens off for fear of braking it. I know on some other vehicles this is how it is done.

The plastic lens would be shown as a separate part in the diagram if it could be removed - don't try to pry it off!

I did a google and found these instructions: http://www.fixya.com...ght_lexus_rx300

Here is another: http://www.ehow.com/...exus-rx300.html

And this thread has a PDF with detailed instructions and photos: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-first-generation/618948-how-to-change-the-rear-side-marker-light.html

Thanks again for your reply. This is what it says to do: "Remove 3 - 4 screws on fender cover close to side marker light. Pull fender cover out a bit for you to use your other hand to reach side marker light. By twisting on one direction and here you go the light out. Replace new bulb and replace everything on reverse order. Problem is, I do not see the 4 screws they talk about. There is a plastic cover inside the wheel well that hooks at the top with 2 hooks and is held on with plastic snaps. But certainly no screws. Before I pry off these snaps which will likely brake, I want to be sure. I'll take a closer look as this seems to be the only place to access the fixture. Thanks again.

The pdf file is exactly what I needed. Thank you so much for having done this research for me. I have done minor mechanical work before so I am not afraid of doing this now that I know how to do it properly. I am very grateful for your assistance. I may even replace all the red lenses for those nice new clear ones. Sure improves the looks. And I like the idea of drilling a small hole at the bottom of the fixture to drain any water accumulation. Very good info. I saved it all and printed it for future use. Wishing you a great day.