Oil An Filter Change

nalim

I have ES350 2009. Manufacturer recommends changing oil every 5 K. Do I have to change filter every time I change oil? What oil brand should I use so as not to void extended warranty?

Thanks

I have ES350 2009. Manufacturer recommends changing oil every 5 K. Do I have to change filter every time I change oil? What oil brand should I use so as not to void extended warranty?

Thanks

With a few choices, simply follow your owners manual and your car will always be within warranty specs. However, you say extented warranty. Has your car run over on miles to the point where you have run out of original warranty?

You can extend your oil change intervals by using syntntic oil, which is approv by Lexus for use. That will also extend the distance between filter changes.

Actually no...Lexus specifically says that oil change intervals are NOT to be extended when using synthetic oil. On some of the new models they have a 10k change interval and come from the factory with synthetic, but the ES is not one of them. To ensure the warranty remains intact you should change the oil and filter every 5k miles.