Philips H11 Hid Conversion Kit For Fog Lights On A 2010 Gx460

MiguelA.

I want to upgrade my fog lights to HID with a Philips H11 conversion kit and I wanted to know if it can be done. My truck(2010 GX460) has already HID lights on the low beams and DLR's, I don't know if this will be a problem when adding an extra set of HID lights. I look at the Philips lights on a website called philipshidkits.com and they had an option for a relay harness in addition to the kit, which I emailed the tech support and said that I needed it. The installation doesn't seem to be that difficult, I just want to know if the addition of an extra HID kit will cause any electrical problems whatsoever. Thanks.

I want to upgrade my fog lights to HID with a Philips H11 conversion kit and I wanted to know if it can be done. My truck(2010 GX460) has already HID lights on the low beams and DLR's, I don't know if this will be a problem when adding an extra set of HID lights. I look at the Philips lights on a website called philipshidkits.com and they had an option for a relay harness in addition to the kit, which I emailed the tech support and said that I needed it. The installation doesn't seem to be that difficult, I just want to know if the addition of an extra HID kit will cause any electrical problems whatsoever. Thanks.

This is a pretty common request, and by doing a search you'll find a lot of informaation which should answer all your question. If not, come back and let us know what you need.

Many of us discourage makeing this switch for a couple of reason. It may look better to have the fog lights and head lights look the same color, but in doing so you actualy eliminate the function of the fog lights. The warmer color temp of the present fogs, make them shine through snow, rain, and fog, much better than the cooler HID colors. Also, there has been some talk about one specific bulb that works the best, but all of them have a short life.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...