AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Harley Rider

Air Conditioning Repair

5 posts in this topic

I just dropped close to $1,700 to replace air conditioning lines on my 2005 GX (72K miles). It seems the connections failed and the only fix was to replace six lines. There was another GX in the shop for the same thing (78K miles) at the same time. Anyone else had this problem?

April 10, 2012 UPDATE:

Lexus came through and helped with the cost. I guess that's the benefit of having 2 Lexus (Lexi?) and having Lexus of Ann Arbor perform all maintenance.

Man that stinks. I've known a few people that have had GX470 s and not had any problems like that.

Did you get a quote from an independent air conditioner repair shop?

Did you get a quote from an independent air conditioner repair shop?

Nope! May have been cheaper initially, but I have had all service on both cars performed at the dealer, and in the end, that paid off (see my update).

A few things you can try yourself, if your air conditioner unit needs repair,
not running at all or just blowing less than cool air. Many air conditioner
repairs can be avoided by consistently changing your filter. If your filter is
dirty and clogged, it can cause many issues with your unit. If Air Conditioning
Repair
is done at regular interval, you will never face any problems with your
AC unit.