2002 Gs300 Periodically Wont Start. No Electrical...

1st incident. Went into Best Buy, came out and car had ZERO electrical. No power... although the door unlock on the key fob worked. Jumped car with AAA and car started. Battery was ok and Alt ok.

2nd incident. Road trip 1hr away. On the way back stopped at a gas station to fill up. Got back in the car, Zero electrical, no dash lights nothing. Got a jump from another car. It wasn't the batt. Jump didn't help. Checked fuses... and relays..While playing with those the dome light came on. Car had power and started.

3rd incident. Got into car and had no power. Zero... switched ignition on and off a few times.. power came on. Car started. Later on after 40 minutes of driving went into Target. Came out car started. Exiting the parking lot, I stopped at a stop sign and the car lost all electrical while breaking. Zero electrical. Switched the ignition on and off a few times and regained power car started.

4th(MORNING AFTER 3RD INCIDENT) Came out in the morning to go to work, got in the car no electrical wouldn't start no dash lights as usual. Played with the ignition.. nothing would power up. Called AAA. No power... while tech was hooking up the jumper system the dome light came on I was alo playing with the relays. Car had power and started. He ran a diagnostic on the batt and alt and everything was good.

I decided at that point to drive it to my mechanic. He took it for the day and said it started up every time and that he removed the main relay and it looked fine. All connections to the fuse box were solid and no corrosion. Battery terminals were on tight.

Car had been starting since then with no issues for 5 days. Incidents 1 and 2 were apprx 6 months ago and 3 and 4 were last week.

What could be the problem? What should I replace? Ignition switch? Main Relay? Any Help would be appreciated.

• 3 months later...

I had similar problems in my 01 gs300. Every time I got the electrical system checked everything seemed ok...until it was in the dealership for warranty work and they said my alternator showed slighty low voltage( almost full but not quite). They replaced that and no problems since then.

On another note do you have the navi and upgraded factory stereo? If so I had to get a deep cycle battery because of all the extra gadgets. Went from a red top to yellow top battery. Every time I had the electrical checked it read about 12v but that wasn't enough for my car..the yellow top now reads around 14v. Hope this helps.