Temp Control Drivers Side

2004 ES 330 the drivers side temp setting will not change vent temp to A/C does not get cold reading does go up and down but vent stays warm on a/c where is the actuator located. and what kind of job is this

thanks

• 4 years later...

Did you ever figure that out?  

My 2003 ES300 is blowing hot and cool on the passenger side; but only hot or what ever the ambient air temperature seems on the driver side (depending upon the driver side a/c temperature setting).   

Izzy,

Chances are that the motor that actuates the blend door for the driver's side is jammed, broken, or the wiring from the switch to the actuator is broken, etc.

The problem is that most of those all of the problems are under the dash and the center console. The center dash console usually needs to come out, as well as the radio and the HVAC switch assembly in order to get to the door actuators, or from under the dash. It could be  time consuming, The other possibility is that the HVAC computer needs to be reset, And that is a job only someone with a factory service or a Lexus tech can do.

• 1 year later...

I am having this same problem. Only cool on drivers side but very cold on passenger side. Has anyone ever fixed this. I don't want to spend the time tearing apart the console just to find no problem. Thanks. 

Nimbler,

As I stated in my previous post ... the HVAC system may just need a reset. Ive done this personally on my 2005 GMC dually for a similar issue. For that vehicle, the procedure was published on the internet. Not so the ES.

The problem is that Lexus doesn't publish info, requiring you to go to the dealership to get the job done at very expensive rates. That said, the issue may be with the wiring or the actuator to the blend door for that side of the car. Unless you are a wrencher, and get under the dash, or tear it half apart to get at what needs testing, the job is best left to a good mechanic who is used to working on Toyota Camry's, as the Camry is just a dummed down Lexus ES. If they can't find the issue, you may be forced to see a Lexus dealership and open your wallet.