Removal/repair Of Front Bumper Cover....

stjr

Hi All!

I've owned my HS for about a year now and absolutely love it! But I ran into a little "self-induced" trouble a while back. I was parking the car and did not realize how high the curb was. When front bumper cover hit the curb, the front bumper cover was pushed up a little; just enough to pop the bumper cover loose on the passenger side by wheel well where the bumper cover meets the fender.

I took the car to my friendly Lexus dealer. They told me that the bumper had to be completely replaced to the tune of $400+ dollars; not including painting (GASP!). They stated that the clips that hold the bumper in place fit into slots that are molded into the bumper cover itself?

I'd like to confirm that. So if any of you have an image of what that might look like,or have instructions for removing the bumper cover; that might help me understand how the cover is attached.

I seriously can't believe the cover would be constructed that way (well...that's my hope anyway).

Thanks!

Junior